Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, Koth, & Phoenix -->Vet Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My name is Liz and I have been a member of this website for a year now. I have had another blog about my reptilian babies (http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=185026), but am starting a new one. I want to start the new year with a clean slate - especially since it will also start with a new moon. I want to move on from the problems of the past and look forward to the new adventures that lie ahead.
A little about me: I'm twenty-two years old and am an author - (A Shadow's Lullaby by: E. Rexer). I go to Western New England as a Creative Writing major with a minor in Philosophy. I own six reptiles, three bearded dragons and three leopard geckos. I have been with my boyfriend, Paul, for four years. I currently work two jobs - Heritage Woods (assistant living) and Table and Vine (liquor store) though I did try to quit Heritage Woods and was guilt tripped into working there per diem (once a month). I will be putting in my two weeks notice with them in February. Unfortunately it is a sad job and emotionally I cannot handle it anymore. Table and Vine doesn't give me the hours I would like, but I worked out a deal with my grandfather that will help me out financially. Now enough about me.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Jace:
He was my first bearded dragon and he is also the biggest mama's boy. He always wants to cuddle me when he's out instead of running around. He, like all of my babies, are Petco rescues. He is fourteen months old. Currently he's not eating much and is dancing around the idea of brumation.

Baby Jace to Big Jace:
0j9g4oe.jpg

TIe0UGR.jpg

2ELQ7Pv.jpg

Q5SjV0x.jpg

FUCyLQN.jpg

BvVYVow.jpg

U2qOHjx.jpg

Cq9wyO7.jpg

LhBOVBf.jpg

Hugging my arm:
lzfuzWm.jpg

He used to sleep in the sleeve of my hoodie:
qS0kWWy.jpg

KwUDlcT.jpg

rKilfjn.jpg

xF7sMdE.jpg

FPIsJwt.jpg

JBclB6F.jpg

First time outdoors:
GFaL2YA.jpg

Later on outdoors:
3GifgBB.jpg

uKXo9G8.jpg

Look at those eyes:
QESKKt3.jpg

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Zy:
She is my sweet baby girl. She is a leatherback. She always looks really worried or inquisitive and is very alert with her surroundings. She is thirteen months old. She just had a vet check up after an infertile egg scare and all is clear. She suddenly decided no more supers for her - only hornworms. So I can say bye bye wallet.

First night home:
gZhz4DH.jpg

Later that year...
TtqbXH5.jpg

Baby Zy:
Rv7VSUL.jpg

MDuLh9f.jpg

Ue8sS5i.jpg

iUqOVvH.jpg

Her first wave:
oTsBLZB.jpg

Her first love:
XM7Eg6N.jpg

oB2N8h4.jpg

rJOuF9l.jpg

SubPJ6N.jpg

67LG2Ei.jpg

m2deGvH.jpg

NJ9VDXZ.jpg

BlL0YDh.jpg

She jumped into the hand hold of the car door:
ykMUZWt.jpg

Kn7RNxG.jpg

gF5h60h.jpg

AfHqn8P.jpg

n4R2R3s.jpg

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Sorin:
He is the youngest beardie at nine months old. He is huge for his size at 19", something Jace didn't hit until he was thirteen months old. He also thinks he can fly and is just learning now how to black beard and bob with the rest of them.

His first day home:
hooVsaA.jpg

His first sexy leg:
u8uni7t.jpg

sXxXJHh.jpg

8A20YDW.jpg

NVbJoOh.jpg

2ik6HC5.jpg

A little growth:
vmX7oaN.jpg

u4VcfAg.jpg

Mr. February on the bd.org calendar:
H1qRsy7.jpg

mxn7m23.jpg

jfi9Wc0.jpg

Yzv6OKW.jpg

n9pFcgK.jpg

Too cute:
VqN5rPW.jpg

jKIccxr.jpg

5j987JQ.jpg

M7k1UHd.jpg

atVfKOW.jpg

I adore his happy colors:
GbyXM9I.jpg

2ndXvFM.jpg

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ava:
She's a second reptile and first leopard gecko. She is thirteen months old. Paul adores her and I'm afraid of her. She will, without being provoked, bite you. Not that a leo's bite hurts, but I still don't like being bitten. She was calcium deficient, but is slowly getting better. She's a stinker, even if she is pretty.

Her first day (back when I was given bad care instructions)
xXMoG1y.jpg

Exploring her new crib:
H1e8k66.jpg

wS1NmjG.jpg

cgOvKya.jpg

Falling in love with her daddy:
HAD1Vvd.jpg

qooSL2W.jpg

x5BPKT4.jpg

1fNueAc.jpg

ST2j8iT.jpg

4aQxXsH.jpg

rVvme7i.jpg

GSSEkMP.jpg

A couple of cool shots:
xUStiCB.jpg

dd6KjaG.jpg

vHIN74h.jpg

MTyBth5.jpg

DY41WvK.jpg

sEMODJp.jpg

Chillin':
GiIRqw9.jpg

GTWV1bN.jpg

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Nissa:
Another little lady. She's a sweetheart and she is nine months old. When we first got her, she wasn't. After Ava I swore no more leos. Then this bugger came along. She used to scream at us. And nothing, I mean nothing, is scarier than a screaming leo. She now loves coming out and chilling with us and no, she hasn't bitten us once.

Nissa's first day:
Uerxil6.jpg

pVVAq5T.jpg

fp9fwHe.jpg

7IFuYqy.jpg

Vk2LwW8.jpg

i8abA69.jpg

Spider:
0Nr8w22.jpg

e6JIfct.jpg

Vn8cYFF.jpg

pe1zTn5.jpg

1ZGlSxe.jpg

Look at that belly:
i8qEOSS.jpg

wSzHr0W.jpg

FrhstuJ.jpg

Such a cutie:
WX202JT.jpg

tizAF7g.jpg

FiKE3PD.jpg

v5yvh42.jpg

yua5i47.jpg

q4IyGrI.jpg

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Koth:
He is our last rescue. He is about ten months old. He's the most easy going out of all of our leos. He also has some of the most striking colors when he's done shedding. He's also very curious and will climb EVERYTHING. I love his cookies-and-cream chin and feet.

His first day home:
T2AHTST.jpg

Checking out his new digs (He was is in a tiny cage with ten+ other leos his size):
h1mLw41.jpg

XqXHGn4.jpg

SyKAmMo.jpg

r5iWkWk.jpg

Vw0kyDI.jpg

That special leo smile:
aJtJXAd.jpg

VsFh5qH.jpg

5G7pdDA.jpg

QnSG4NR.jpg

N5hsCnS.jpg

I'ma climb that glass:
vKVtgkw.jpg

uDB0maI.jpg

PA96U4d.jpg

New digs:
VZ8UQ6o.jpg

BfW4jTp.jpg

Love this picture:
qAwiVt2.jpg

d9ecvia.jpg

gIcNH9y.jpg

DPU0HBM.jpg

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Stinky:
He's my feral cat. We found him in the barn's hayloft when he was probably less than a week old. He is now four years old. He loves me and hates everyone else. I can do all sorts of things to him and he does nothing. Someone else could go to pet him and he attacks them. Plus, I love the feral cat colors.

Baby Stinky:
3g9n35l.jpg

SFWuYLt.jpg

WmX5r3p.jpg

b9uCXYC.jpg

ocgxU9z.jpg

OBoLwpL.jpg

1BTb8Sg.jpg

GlkUFdH.jpg

cvv64Pd.jpg

oo9lIfP.jpg

vp4GQhk.jpg

9WhDw37.jpg

hQvSXsL.jpg

TXEO2eD.jpg

xfDKuA5.jpg

qUNbcxv.jpg

1u0KTOQ.jpg

zOuMFce.jpg

MsuNhdX.jpg

8zNWFku.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Happy New Year, Liz, to you and Paul, here's to new beginnings and to Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa and Koth and Stinky, may 2014 be all that you wish it to be. Love all the pictures, your babies are all looking very healthy & happy :D
Deb, Lonzo, Didi, Leo, Gabriel, Rubio, Puff, Rocco and Bunny :D

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Cute babies :) I dont know how you can have all those reptiles. I had about 8 different ones at one time but ended up rehoming them or selling them. They eat too much and all the lights and crap take a lot of money. I have two parrots and they take less food. I mean their cages cost $800 each and you have to spend about 5 hours each day with both and not at the same time. I love reptiles but they take special people to care and love them. I got bored with my beardies for a while. That is why I stopped coming on here. They really do nothing. I mean I love them but they arent my favorite pet by far. Sorry I am rambling. I am just saying I think it is cool that you have so many reptiles and love them so much :)

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Deb:
And a happy New Year to you and your babies, Deb. Thanks! I have a lot of high hopes for 2014. 2013 was one of the worst years I've had overall. I'm hoping that by starting off with a positive outlook and getting rid of the bad funk it will help.
I'm glad you loved all of the pictures. :D

Brittani:
I don't know how I keep them all myself. They're so much hard work and I feel so guilty for not giving ten enough time. Yeah, I remember your post about the insane amount of reptiles you had for a while.
As for how I do it - we all have our animal niche. I love horses and reptiles. They amaze me and fascinate me to no end. Now, I also can't stand fish or birds. My mom LOVED birds. It's different for everyone. And it's okay to ramble. We all do it - I know I do anyways.

Jolene:
Thanks! I hope you're right! I could use a good year and I know you could too!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Sadly the new year is starting off poorly. That last few days I have been dropping in an out of my depression slump. More in than out. Which all led to a breakdown fight with Paul. I'm tired of being upset and sad all of the time. I cannot wait to go back to school to see my counselor. I've been going through so much and my family sure doesn't help. Everyone keeps asking me: "Are you sure you don't want to date around?" I've been with Paul for four years now and he is my rock even when I cry and scream at him saying he's unreliable. Everyone keeps telling me how to live my life because they know better because they made mistakes. Well people, please allow me to make my own way in the world. What if doing what you tell me to do is my mistake? Huh?

I made a lot of money this paycheck - so much that I had a lot of play money. So I'm treating myself well this week and will promptly spoil and indulge myself. I think it's about time I can.

The babies are doing well. They're driving me insane with their spring time activities. I try to tell them we're not through winter yet, but they're all running around and black bearding and head bobbing. They're as mad as a hatter, I tell you.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'll be glad when you see your councellor, too, Liz, it's no way to live, up and down, must be driving you bananas! And your babies think it's spring? Guess Gabriel has been talking to them, he thinks it's spring, too. The others haven't decided, they're up all day but not doing much, just sitting around.

Puff ate her worms this am for the first time since I got her 2 weeks ago, YEAH, I was wondering what was going on there, guess it took her awhile to feel comfy here.

I'm sorry you're having a rough beginning, but you'll get it all sorted. Paul is your rock and couples fight, it's part of the contract. So yes, please let yourself make your own mistakes. And no, it's not necessary for you to be dating around, I'd say stick with Paul, you have a lot invested in your relationship and for the most part, you get along really well. I'm with you on that one.

So take care & keep me posted, k? I care about you and want you to thrive; this is your year to feel better.
Thinking about you,
Deb

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Gabriel must have some telepathic mojo going on.

Yeah, my belief is that what was wrong for one person, doesn't mean it's wrong for other people.

Thanks, Deb!

Glad to hear Puff is finally settling in. The girls always take long. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom