Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, Koth, & Phoenix -->Vet Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My name is Liz and I have been a member of this website for a year now. I have had another blog about my reptilian babies (http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=185026), but am starting a new one. I want to start the new year with a clean slate - especially since it will also start with a new moon. I want to move on from the problems of the past and look forward to the new adventures that lie ahead.
A little about me: I'm twenty-two years old and am an author - (A Shadow's Lullaby by: E. Rexer). I go to Western New England as a Creative Writing major with a minor in Philosophy. I own six reptiles, three bearded dragons and three leopard geckos. I have been with my boyfriend, Paul, for four years. I currently work two jobs - Heritage Woods (assistant living) and Table and Vine (liquor store) though I did try to quit Heritage Woods and was guilt tripped into working there per diem (once a month). I will be putting in my two weeks notice with them in February. Unfortunately it is a sad job and emotionally I cannot handle it anymore. Table and Vine doesn't give me the hours I would like, but I worked out a deal with my grandfather that will help me out financially. Now enough about me.

kakequinn

Hey, just read your entire thread again!

I just want to say, that picture of Ava winking was so cute and that Sorin is such a monster! I'm glad you rescued Phoenix. Hopefully he continues doing well, you and Kristine both have amazingly huge hearts. He really needed you two and ya'll opened up to him!

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Yea sorry Liz when I was typing that it was about 1 am and I saw your username and instantly thought that was Zy's name :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Jolene:
These guys are the greatest. I never though a TFS could be so gosh darn lovable. I understand the reptile situation. It's the worst. Aw Thresh, you mamma's girl, you.

Kristine:
Maybe Batty just realized I don't take no crap and he realized how good he had it with you guys :lol:

Kakequinn:
Welcome to my thread!
Ava is a doll...when she wants to be which isn't very often. Sorin is my big love muffin. Phoenix is our baby and we do both love him so much and Kristine hasn't even met him yet! :lol:

Mat:
Don't worry about it. They're both Z names and it happens.

So I remembered these two quotes from the movie Seabiscuit that made me think of Phoenix:
1. "You know, you don't throw a whole life away just 'cause he's banged up a little."
2."You know, everybody thinks we found this broken-down horse and fixed him, but we didn't. He fixed us. Every one of us. And I guess in a way we kinda fixed each other too."

All right, I need to shower, take care of the reptiles, and put away the worms. Will be back on throughout the night.

kakequinn

I can understand why you guys love him so much! I absolutely love him as well as Vraska and Flash! Watching your other thread got me interested in TFS. I'm reading up on Kristine's thread since I only read a bit of hers before, but seeing the other babies you two have is great, I love being able to read and see all of them!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Honestly, if you have time to work with a TFS, they are one of the best pets. They can be difficult at first, but with a lot of work, they can be tamed and easier. It's a shame they aren't promoted as pets as much.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Haha! I was creeped out by Vraska at first! Keegan was amazed by her and I started to become curious...and fell in love from there. I'll admit, the TFS's have always been easier than our one beardie ;) It's so true and neither Vraska or Flash has ever bitten either of the kids...and they handle them daily as well. Trust me...my 4 year old isn't the most "graceful" child either :lol:

I'm dying to meet Phoenix. We're all in love with him over here too and can't wait to cuddle him up :) What a sweet little guy!! I wish more people had them as pets as well. They're wonderful and I don't think they get a fair shot out there. I know because I was that person who swore there would never be a skink of any kind in my home...how embarrassing!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He is the greatest little guy and you and you'll family will love him.

My Future Plan:
For those who don't know me, I'm stuck in the future and how it is my end all cure for all of my problems. I also get stuck in the past a lot. Never the present. Anyways...
So Paul and I agreed to live one year together to make sure that we can handle each other for when we decide to get married. Originally we were planning on getting an apartment once we both had better jobs (hopefully the summer of 2015). Well, we decided that it would be easier and cheaper for us to talk with my grandparents and have Paul move in and us pay rent.
1. Rent would be cheaper than an apartment which means if we work out, we can save up for a house
2. My grandparents would get an added income
3. My grandparents are okay with the reptiles which makes life easier
So I'm going to continue saving up for a bedroom set for us and see where that takes us. Eventually, down the road, we'll work on DIY vivs. Kristine and Jeremy will be taking and finishing off the ones Paul and I had started but never finished so they'll finally see some use. So that's good. It's all somedays and eventually's for this girl.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
That post made me smile :) Your plan sounds great. Very well thought out and safe, providing you withe the ability to keep planning ahead. You're living the present...no reason to get stuck there! I've always liked that about you, too. Sometimes (especially for me recently) looking ahead and thinking about the bigger picture is more important than just looking around at where we are at the moment.

I know you're going to have the life you've been planning on for a long time now. You're intelligent and practical about the things that are most important to you. Good luck with everything! You truly deserve the best.

We can't wait for the vivs...I'm literally referring to them as our problem solvers ;) Haha!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Deb:
For me, there are little things that make me relax - dreaming of the future is one and cleaning, reading, and writing are the others.

Kristine:
I find the present too demanding and chaotic, but the future is unrealistically peaceful and relaxing. :lol: The near future is scary, but the distanced one isn't quite so bad.

Thanks, Kristine! I really hope so!

I hope that the viv's help. :)

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So it looks like I couldn't wait for spring cleaning - it's one of my favorite holidays. I took down all the curtains and washed them - scrubbed the windows inside and out and hot some white hot chocolate with caramel Bailey's...yum. Still nowhere near done and I have work for 1:30. I'm hoping it's dead so I can leave before 7:30. Wish me luck! Tomorrow is dedicated to school work. :puke:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So Phoenix ate four supers, something he hadn't done since his first night. The thing is though, you have to play tug of war with him and the worm otherwise he won't eat it and no, I have no idea why this is his way, but it is. :dontknow: He also continues to enjoy his soaks.

I've been crazy cleaning. So much to do and no time to do it. Back to business!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I wish I had your cleaning gene, it would sure come in handy over here :lol: Hopefully you do get out of work early...and phoenix is so funny with his tug of war with the supers :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I had a co-worker seriously offer me $50 a week to clean her house. :lol: It wasn't until I watched Monk that I really had the need to clean. I was never really bad, but now I just love to clean.

Yeah, he's the strangest reptile I have ever worked with and I wouldn't trade him for the world. :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So would it be worth $50? Cleaners charge a whole lot more than that. I try to get someone in once a year for a deep clean & it costs $150! But then it's not weekly, sounds like an easy $200/m if you have the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom