Is this the way to the shower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sddragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She is only about 10 months old and laid about 18 eggs. I forget what is was called but it's that bedding that comes in that compressed brick that you just add water to it and it expands into wet dirt/mossy like bedding. You can get vermicile from a nursery also and use that.
You will know if she is gravid or not if she start digging all over the enclosure even if you have carpet or tile down on the bottom. They will digging constantly. Sometimes you can even see and feel round bumps in the belly too. Then just stick a dish tub type of container with the damp warm bedding in there and she should right away......sometimes. I put mine in there and she laid within a half hour. I don't think ALL females will produce eggs without a mate but I could be mistaken.
They say BD's are mature to have babies at a year and a half old but from what I have been told by a few different breeders, they can be a little younger and depends on their size. Some mature faster than others.

Good Luck......JD

atreyu917":08e11 said:
ha ha she looks rather proud! how old is she? And how many did she lay? haha oh man. cute cute cute. Is that eco earth you let her bury in?
Reason I ask is that i have 2 females that are both under 8 months old and i have no idea when i am supposed to set up all this and check if they are gravid or not.

I aquired/rescued both since july. one i got in Oct. so i'm new to girls! I just have my 2 year old male otherwise

cristinahancock

Hatchling Member
Hey that is the greatest pic. It is to funny. I agree you need to submit it for the calendar next year. I have to tell you that I am so glad you purchased her. It is great to see that she went to a awesome home. Plus I get to visit her through pictures on your site and here. Thanks!
Wishing you and yours well, Cristina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChrissyTina7
Top Bottom