Signs my beardie has eggs?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys as most of you know my Amber had close to 130+ eggs for the first time last year (she's almost 4 yrs old).

She has been a bit fickle she spent 3 weeks or more coming out basking eating playing running pooping being a tad aggressive (bobbing at Chubbs) etc.

Then out of the blue she spent almost 36 hrs in her hide and slept the entire time then after that she came out and did her normal stuff again (no pooping for 48hrs though).

She seems a bit slow not really keen on coming out of her enclosure which she wants out 24/7 normally is this a sign she's got eggs?

She was scratching last night in her hide then oddly enough I woke up today and she somehow ended up outside her hide in pitch darkness.

She is currently out I just gave both beardies crickets and greens with butternut squash I just wanna make sure I catch her (Amber) in time so I can to take steps towards putting in her laybox.

Only way I can tell to be sure she has eggs is the vet but it's $130 just to feel her belly for eggs seems sorta a waste of time if I could do it myself.

Note: If it takes my vet to make sure she has eggs and is safe then I'll gladly pay that and then some if it's for her well-being

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Infertile eggs are hard to tell by feeling the belly. Personally I wouldn't waste the money. I would just have the dig box queued and ready just in case.

jabda

Hatchling Member
One of my girls laid 39 eggs on Monday and I couldn't feel. Gave her a lay box and the works. Nothing until they popped out.. I would just let nature run it's course.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is what I was going to inquire, are they fertile or infertile? That does
make a difference. I agree though, if she doesn't seem to be having any
trouble or is in distress, just make a laybox for her in case she needs to
start digging.
Most of the time, they will lay them on their own. Every once in awhile they
may need some help.
It is possible she has eggs, if she has slown down & isn't eating as much.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
(3) options:
1. Throw away
2. Freeze them then throw away
3. My favorite - Omelette LOL
I was told the same thing lol kinda seems cruel to make a omelette though even though I'm not a big egg type of guy.

Some have suggested feeding them back to the bearded dragon but that's cruel and weird of you ask me lol no judgement though

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hello,

That is what I was going to inquire, are they fertile or infertile? That does
make a difference. I agree though, if she doesn't seem to be having any
trouble or is in distress, just make a laybox for her in case she needs to
start digging.
Most of the time, they will lay them on their own. Every once in awhile they
may need some help.
It is possible she has eggs, if she has slown down & isn't eating as much.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie
My Amber is fine she is in aggressive mating mode right now no eggs yet the day she spent all day in her hide was the only odd day she has had she is eating still.

Note: I posted about my other dragon if anyone can help me out with that I'd appreciate it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom