is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hope so too. It would be a good idea to take a fecal sample if he has one before you go, just put it in a ziploc bag. Good luck.

adkpugmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
* UPDATE * Clayton had his visit and has a resp. infection . He is on 3 meds plus poweder meals to force feed him. The vet said it was someting he had before I got him and little by little got worse. We hope he makes it through .....
I had to go to go to petco for crickets and a red light for night time and what did I see !!! ???? New baby beardies .... so I just had to !!!! Dont worry she is in her own viv and her name is Skittle :)
IMG_0724.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor Clayton. Did the vet say what the back leg paralysis is from? What 3 meds did he give him? What is he treating him for besides the URI? Did he mention that you need to give probiotics while he is on the antibiotics? That is EXTREMELY important because the antibiotics kill off the good gut flora so his appetite will decrease even more. What dry food are you giving him? Before you actually start forcefeeding, it's important that you put a little on his nose to see if he will lick it off first each time so that it causes as little stress as possible, he is going through enough right now. Meds are also very drying so you need to make sure that he gets frequent baths and oral fluids.

Skittle is cute, any idea how old he/she is? How long is it from nose to tip of tail?

adkpugmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
skittle is 6 inches from tail to nose.
Clayton gets bath soaks daily now. he is on azithromycin , panacur ,metronidazole and criltical care powder. He is sleeping now been a stressful day for him!! I pray in the am he is better and not worse in any way ... I will update in the am... praying a good update !!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What did the vet say the back leg paralysis is from? I can understand him being on Azithromycin for the URI, but what is the Panacur and Metronidazole for? Did he check a fecal for parasites? Those 3 meds are an awful lot for him to be on at one time. What are you giving for a probiotic? I hope he can recover from all this.

adkpugmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He said glucose levels can cause it and the cerrebral.....one is a steroid and appitite.stimulant and the other kills all parasites

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Congratulations on your new baby!! Dragons do need complete darkness for proper rest and they don't need night time heat unless it gets below 65* in there viv, and then you should use a ceramic heat emmiter.
Good luck with both of your babies.
Kelly

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be giving my dragon those other meds just for safety measures...they are very hard on dragons and unless I was sure they needed it, I would not give it!!!

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
I had to go to go to petco for crickets and a red light for night time
Actually Beardies don't like any type of light at night. They do best in complete darkness.
I'm glad you were able to get a vet appointment :D I will hope for a speedy recovery! congrats on the new one, very cute :D

adkpugmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ty...he is pretty tucked away from the red light. Skittle however fell asleep on her rock stairway...legs all out ...too funny! I always tuck Clayton into bed and he never would come.out...not skittle lol

adkpugmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
very busy day for me but had to post for those who have been following clayton. Today he is doing much better...takes his meds easy , opens his mouth for mommy ! He ate a few crickets and had a poo...moved around his viv and for being such a good boy he got a new drift wood for his viv..will post pics.... Skittle is a riot !! She hunts down her crickies like a killer whale LOL lil pigger had about 7 crickies so far today !!! :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
kcarello":2fyru73j said:
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be giving my dragon those other meds just for safety measures...they are very hard on dragons and unless I was sure they needed it, I would not give it!!!
I totally agree, the Panacur shouldn't be given for "safety measures" especially since he is already on 2 other meds.

What probiotic are you giving him? This is critical to try to help him survive.

Here's a picture of how he looked yesterday.
IMG_0722.jpg

This picture doesn't even look like the same beardie, when was this one taken? Is he still dragging his back legs?
071112115646-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom