Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cxerphax

Hatchling Member
Poop always sticks to his butt. Every time. Does this happen to you guys? It makes him smell and then it drys and its hard to clean up if I dont wipe it up immidietly. I give him a bath everytime after im done trying to clean it.

FoodMonster

No it is not normal.

One of my dragons had that problem when she was sick because her poop was too wet and sticky. Is your dragon sick?

I had to gently bathe my dragon after she went so that her vent would not become sore or damaged. I also had to feed her 3 times a day with an eyedropper and give her medication in her food. She is well now and her vent stays clean.

FoodMonster

I think she may have had a bacterial infection or microscopic parasites in her gut. A healthy dragon should not have poop stuck to its vent every day.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
I don't have enough experience to know if this is normal or not... I would definitely have a fecal done, just in case.

I wonder, if a dragon is dehydrated, it might cause this, maybe? Our dragon, who is bathed 4-5 times per week has quite a bit of, ahem, the clear liquid/almost gel-like "encasing" around his poop/urates. It's a sign of a well hydrated dragon, and well, it can't hurt with pooping in a, how shall I say, clean fashion. If you're bathing often however, my theory is fried.

You did of course, mention that you give her a bath to clean it up... just a quick clean, or a good soak? I believe a good 15-20 minute soak is recommended for the typical beardie bath. Our beardie will soak for this long perhaps once a week. The other baths are more like 5-10 minutes.

My .02 for whatever that's worth. :dontknow:

Best of luck. Hope you find a solution soon.

Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom