Normal.?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
@AHBD Luis was hissing at my brother when he was housesitting him while I was on vacation. Unfortunately Luis was starting to want to brumate in week two and my brother kept oulling him out of his hide to put Dubias in his face, that he didn't want 🙈

@acidburn01 Nubbys weight sounds fine though. Luis is missing like an inch or so of his tail too. He's 16.5" at 350g.
How is he doing without his back legs? Isn't that really affecting him quite a lot??
Why don't you want to let your girl brumate if she likes to?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
@AHBD Luis was hissing at my brother when he was housesitting him while I was on vacation. Unfortunately Luis was starting to want to brumate in week two and my brother kept oulling him out of his hide to put Dubias in his face, that he didn't want 🙈

@acidburn01 Nubbys weight sounds fine though. Luis is missing like an inch or so of his tail too. He's 16.5" at 350g.
How is he doing without his back legs? Isn't that really affecting him quite a lot??
Why don't you want to let your girl brumate if she likes to?
If she actually tries to brumate, we'll let her. I just stress a lot over our beardies that something like brumation would stress me out.

We're thinking he lost his feet when he was newborn or maybe even born that way. We got him when he was about two months. According to the pet store, this lady breeds them and then just dumps them on the store but the store is bad about taking care of their animals and keeps like 10 babies together in a 40g tank. So we think he might of gotten into a fight and lost his back feet. Hes missing one whole foot and one foot with maybe a chunk of it and a single toe.? It doesn't bother him at all, he is unbelievably fast, it's ridiculous. He has a slight disadvantage with climbing and gripping things but he uses his bag legs well, he uses them like spider legs, if I hold him, he'll curl them around my hand. It's wild.

Attachments

• 20231129_144947.jpg
    20231129_144947.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20231129_145006.jpg
    20231129_145006.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20231129_145011.jpg
    20231129_145011.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20231129_145022.jpg
    20231129_145022.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 24

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Well personally I think he is precious. I remember when you got him, I knew he would live a good life.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Good to know he has adjusted and manages without his back feet :)
Brumation is very natural but I agree with you and my boy scares me still. It's always a reliev when I take him out and his weight is constant :)

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Good to know he has adjusted and manages without his back feet :)
Brumation is very natural but I agree with you and my boy scares me still. It's always a reliev when I take him out and his weight is constant :)
Yeah, we thought she was sick because she stopped eating almost entirely but the odd thing is she's still gaining a little bit of weight. Not much, like only a handful of grams but we figured she'd be loosing weight.

And now, Nova has been real dark and streaky and just kinda laying around the last few days. She'll eat a few worms but not like she usually does. 😩😩 I can't win with my scale babies 😅😅

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom