20230817_164701.jpg
I did this the wrong way! Ugh. Well enjoy the picture.... 20230817_092437.jpg
20230817_092525.jpg

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I would guess closer to 3 months from that pic. But it really depends on how well they where fed. More food equals faster growth.
Well she wakes up eating so she is probably 1 month. OMG she can eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
They are a bottomless pit when they are babies lol. Or maybe a blackhole 🤔🤔😜
So I am a little nervous as she devours greens so I picked her up and handfed her dubias. She ate them like they were her last meal.OMG then I closed the container and she pounced on it and looked back and like like, "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM"-
I just can't LOL

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Today will be reveal day as I have another female coming over because she definitely isn't letting males touch her..... stay tuned.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
This is the best shot I could get with help. I tried inside, outside- laying down and standing up.

I say it's a male...
20230820_124506.jpg
20230820_124950.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yeah pretty sure male. The pores are pronounced and i can see bumps where the hemipenes should be.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
But he acts like a girllllllllllllllllll...whatever that means.
He raises up to the male in the home but didn't wave like Rocky did.
He acts so different from Rocky.
Ugh, this is going to be interesting.
But I am happy no eggs.... or should I say this site should be happy.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I like Ruby 🙂
The biggest problem i had when our Ruby laid was the fact they were infertile, it made me sad to think that, that was 20 something little babies that didn't happen. They were unexpected but as soon as i saw them i wanted them to hatch so so bad. ..... Now I've got Sinatra that should solve that lol.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
okay everyone, I am emotional (surprise)- Rocky wont be able to play with his brother. I was able to keep Ruby up until 7 but he just told me lights off. Closed eyes, looked up at the lights several times and closed eyes when I asked if he wanted to get out.
Rocky (upstairs) walked right over to his enclosure at 5 and waited for me to lift him up. He was so bright and happy.

And here I am 2 beardies and beardie-less.

@xp29 my friend asked if it was a girl would I sell the eggs- could you imagine? I'm not built for breeding. I'm barely build to be a reptile parent.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom