Rocky had his first date (he met Ruby!!!!)

okay okay okay- here we go.
First, he jump in the back seat and hid. THat was not normal. I didn't care because he knocked his shed off. That's okay.
We made it to the store and I tapped on the back door for employees only and the lady was scrubbing some animal in the sink.I couldn't make out what it was.
I got her attention and asked to see Ruby.
Ruby was basking. She apparently was skiddish because she got her nails cut. A little too young if you ask me.
Then she disappeared after glimpsing at Rocky but she didnt say anthing. She came back with a manager and began to help me.
I said again I wanted to see Ruby. I of course am pointing because they dont know who Ruby is.
I explain, I want to see how Rocky acts, I aked if they could hold Ruby, I will stand back and I just want to see how Rocky responds.
The manager said, "They can't interact." DUhhhhhhhhh
first of all, Rocky had a bath and shed, second, I don't know Ruby- that poo was there since Wednesday - I am trying to do you a favor and save Rocky, STOP IT.
I said this in my head of course.

So after fumbling with the keys, Ruby comes out. She didn't want to.
I turn Rocky to her- I ask the second woman what Rocky is doing, you know he is under my neck. She said, "looking at you." good grief. I said, "rocky-look." Nothing!
Ruby looked at Rocky attentively.
I asked if Ruby was a girl or boy. She looked at the pores and said, "I think a boy"- I said, "Do you want me to use my light?" She didn't know.

Then SHE DROPPED RUBY!!!
If course, I scream, customers come. I'm over it.
They put him back and Rocky still could care less although Ruby-o is jumping around.

Now Ruby is in the enclosure and I am sad. Someone spread the word about Rocky because now the staff are coming out, one by one. The vets, store reps, etc. More than 1 person called him SPOILED. All couldn't believe how well behaved he was. Most tried to convince me to get Ruby- 2 people said it wasn't going to work because they could tell Rocky was in charge.

Now there's a lady with goldfish watching me ooh and ahh over Ruby- but she's fascinated with Rocky. Everyone was in love with Rocky I believe because of his size.

To be continued, I'm exhausted. I need a nap- I will be back.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Wow now that's an adventure.
Is Ruby ok after they dropped him/her ?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
If Ruby is male that will be a whole lot of extra caution if you get him.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
20230814_064409.jpg

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Whew, beardie dates are tiring!
I added a picture but I decided NOT to get Ruby. It is out of my system. I will provide an update later today with the rest of the story but here's a picture until I return (heart)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
If she is a he i think you made the right decision 🤔 🙂

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Wow now that's an adventure.
Is Ruby ok after they dropped him/her ?
Yes, Ruby was okay but he was trying to run for his life. He was scaling the tank. He is so healthy and active. That second visit helped. I dont want him as much but it taught me more about Rocky. He is so secure with himself. I know with humans, he doesnt let them, dogs, anything faze him but I was so curious if he would bob, heck, I would take a wave at this point.
Rocky has this air or royalty and I don't want him growing up obvious or conceited. He must remain humble.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
If Ruby is male that will be a whole lot of extra caution if you get him.
Yeah, I dont have it in me. I would totally be on this site crying about attacks, nips-
I can watch them but not every second. I would want them to get along. Rocky is sneaky- he thinks he runs everything and everyone so he would have something up his sleeve.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
On a scale of 1-10, how crazy am I if I visit tomorrow and just call Ruby 1 time a week?
So far, vists:2
calls:3

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom