Ruby/Rocky Update

So all of Ruby's supplies came and I forgot that I ordered a pink carrier because I knew Ruby was a girl---not even RED?! I am convinced that I just order, order,order.

Rocky is sleeping on the basking rock with his neck in that awkward position on the wall. I just want to get him but I know that you are supposed to let them sleep.

Well, Ruby is still eating me out of a house and home. She eat/HE eats then basks and has the sexy legs. I thought Rocky was nosey, OMG Ruby - if Rocky watches the words come out of my mouth, Ruby jumps down my throat to get them.
It's so interesting.
Ruby is skiddish if I leave her alone.

I said I was going to wait to order the 4x2x2 but she must need it right, and they will probably cost more so ...I ordered it. I have issues.
I hope it comes on Saturday.

I ordered mercury bulbs because I can't to the whole tube setup with 2 - I am going to wait a month to travel as Ruby maybe ok. My parents lost power so we wont go there. No power no beardies. They havent met Ruby yet. Let's see if my father scares Ruby off too. He might think I dyed him LOL

Goal- to get a picture with each on each shoulder. Is that possible? Rocky wont care - Ruby is interested in Rocky.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Just be careful trying to get the pics. They can move mind boggling fast, Rocky could bite Ruby before you could catch him, or Ruby could panic and jump and injure himself before you caught him.
Hopefully Ruby likes your dad better than Rocky does. Your dad is going to get his feelings hurt if all his grandchilde...... grand dragons 🐉 🐉 don't like him lol.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Just be careful trying to get the pics. They can move mind boggling fast, Rocky could bite Ruby before you could catch him, or Ruby could panic and jump and injure himself before you caught him.
Hopefully Ruby likes your dad better than Rocky does. Your dad is going to get his feelings hurt if all his grandchilde...... grand dragons 🐉 🐉 don't like him lol.
You know this is a goal and I am chicken...I can't do this.
One parent, my mother - can hold Rocky and I will hold Ruby ....in the next room. Now everyone knows I would be a total mess if something happened especially due to my negligence or selfishness.
I mean, besides losing one in a room. That I must admit, I might do with Ruby as I've done with Rocky even though they are in plain sight (and the room is beardie proof). But other than that...I simply wouldnt dare. It's not worth it. I will split screen a pic;)

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
By the way, I am trying not to spoil him like Rocky but I am feeling a little guilty.
He watches TV all day and definitely plays in his enclosure- he eats, eats - he actually prefers greens more than bugs but I make sure he gets the calcium and protein too.
But he needs a little attitude adjustment.
He positions where he wants to be on me, it's hilarious. He tries to tell me when he wants back in his enclosure- it's truly interesting.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I think you made the right choice bringing him home 🙂
It's easy to see your already enamored with him.
If your mom is there to place the second one on your shoulder you should be able to get a pic or three lol, just keep your hands close and ready and make sure your mom is ready to take one of them if they try to get rowdy 😉.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom