20230817_164701.jpg
I did this the wrong way! Ugh. Well enjoy the picture.... 20230817_092437.jpg
20230817_092525.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The pores look male, but i would candle light just to be sure. I'll post the pic of how to tell (but I'm guessing you already know how to candle light) be careful mot to burn 🔥 him/her with the light, some of them get pretty hot.

Attachments

• s2OIALbl.jpg
    s2OIALbl.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 48

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I was trying all this time but SHE would let me. We cuddled but any time I tried to lift that tail, she puffed. I wasnt scared. GO ME! She is doing so well with the handling or is that me. When I tried to put her back down, she didnt want to go.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I dont know how I am supposed to lift the tail, he doesnt like it.
how old would you say he is?I was told 2 months.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Maybe get a pic with Ruby in your hand or on something to give his/her size scale. In the pics so far it's kindda hard to judge size.
Yup i saw the nails, looks to be hypo for sure. That will make the color pop when Ruby is fired up 🙂

Kaktus_kid

Beardie name(s)
Kilton
It is hard to tell age from those pics but to me it looks older than 2 months. Better photos may change that opinion though.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Maybe get a pic with Ruby in your hand or on something to give his/her size scale. In the pics so far it's kindda hard to judge size.
Yup i saw the nails, looks to be hypo for sure. That will make the color pop when Ruby is fired up 🙂
Oh no, we don't want to get Ruby fired up. I think I will be nervous.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Look at the length of that tail....Ruby is going to be a monster, no? I will measure her when she wakes up.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I would guess closer to 3 months from that pic. But it really depends on how well they where fed. More food equals faster growth.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Oh no, we don't want to get Ruby fired up. I think I will be nervous.
By fired up I'm refering to being warm and happy, when they are up to temp and/or happy they lighten up their color as much as possible ='s fired up, when they are cool or being moody they darken up ='s fired down 🙂. Fired up is a good thing 😁

jabda

Hatchling Member
Place Ruby in prone position and bend the tail until it touches the body. Then take a picture.
It won't hurt her but do it gently. If two people involved light her up with a pen light. I like to do it in the dark. Two months is early. Usually 3 -4 months verify the sex.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Place Ruby in prone position and bend the tail until it touches the body. Then take a picture.
It won't hurt her but do it gently. If two people involved light her up with a pen light. I like to do it in the dark. Two months is early. Usually 3 -4 months verify the sex.
I spent two hours with Ruby and tried to lift her, she is not having it. My other half tried...only I can touch her at this time. I'll post our day in a moment but I think she's bashful.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
By fired up I'm refering to being warm and happy, when they are up to temp and/or happy they lighten up their color as much as possible ='s fired up, when they are cool or being moody they darken up ='s fired down 🙂. Fired up is a good thing 😁
Ooooooh, I look forward to that. :love:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom