Is my beardie growing too fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlove89

First photo is may 4th the other is today, may 30th.
87139-9624842819.jpg
He/she is almost too big to fit in my hand. He is almost three months old.

Shenlong

don't stress yourself too much, it's kind'a hard for anything to grow too fast! you just have a happy, healthy little Dragon Master that's decided it has a great new domain to reign over and will demand lots and lots of tasty bugs for his trouble :lol: like all babies growing is a good sign, just keep doing all the right things and you'll have a fire breathing giant in no-time :D had my baby since the middle of march and he started at 7" and we're now over double that length! has seemed to slow down a little bit now tho but still growing strong and leaving little prezzies for me to clean up everyday :lol: :lol:

Tlove89

Original Poster
My friend said I was "power feeding" feeding him and I was concerned that maybe I was and that his bones weren't going to grow properly. But I've read on here that they won't eat if they aren't hungry. He enjoys his fresh fruits and veggies every other day and about 10 crickets 2 times a day the other days of the week.

Shenlong

bless ya, there are loads of views on feeding but at the end of the day no one knows better than your little master if they've eaten enough. but when they're that young you don't need to worry about greens so much as power feed them bugs on demand from what I've seen. babies will happily eat their fill of creepy crawlies 2-3 times a day anyway and just leave the veg and salad on offer if they choose to have it or not is up to them, just gutload the feeders and dust accordingly. keep an eye on your baby and so long as the body is growing more than the belly its all good, I leave a few feeders in the viv every single day so my shenlong has some foods to hunt and chase around after and he loves to come out and explore all the corners of my...sorry, his room :lol: so still gets plenty of exercise :blob5:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....he looks very good + healthy. :) Keep up the exact routine you have, his eating veggies is a very good healthy habit that many dragon owners never give their beardie a chance to get used to, so you're doing a great job.

Redleg

Great looking Dragon. Let him eat! At this age they are hungry because they are growing and growing = good. Be sure he is getting calcium and reptile vitamins.

Tlove89

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I want to make sure my little friend is healthy! He seems to be a happy little guy! I make sure to dust his crickets, his tank stays the right temperature, he's friendly when he's not shedding, now to actually figure out if he's a he :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Looks + sounds like a happy + healthy dragon, good job. :) I can probably tell the gender....post a couple pics with his/her tail arched in the air , like how a dog's tail goes up when it's on high alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom