Indoor/outdoor carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Hey guys could you use indoor outdoor carpet as substrate and if so what are the pros and cons of that vs ceramic tile?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah. Some folks use astro turf or similar. It's fairly sturdy and soft. It needs to be cleaned a lot which can wear it out. Probably good to have a few sets on hand. The advantage of tile is that it can be sprayed down and sanitized easily but it's a hard surface which can be hard on their feet.

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
I currently use indoor/outdoor carpet in my tank. Just make sure you eliminate all frayed ends, and vacuum it well to get any loose fragments out of it. Clean up is pretty easy. Pull it out and hit it with a hose and hang it to dry. You'll want 2 sections so as one is being cleaned and drying you can pop in the other. Swap as needed for cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom