I need some info on UVB light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieradon

OK I can find the bulbs but where can I find the actual lamps that you put the bulbs in? I am getting a little frustrated so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

noella5088

Juvie Member
You can get the fixtures at Walmart or your local pet store. I know my pet store has some supply of aquarium light fixtures.

When I got my UVB light, they tried to convince me to use a 24 long fixture which would extend to her basking spot. Allie's UVB light's on her cool side which is her oasis. They were trying to sell me a Reptiglo 10.0. I was adamant and wanted to listen to what I read about Repti-glo causing eye problems and other health issues. They sold me a UVB coil bulb and an infrared light which I took back and exchanged it for what I wanted. I wanted a Repti-Sun 10.0 in an 18 inch length. I noticed a huge change in Allie. Her body colors are showing and she's much more active.

Don't use coil bulbs. Use tube light.
Don't use Reptiglo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom