i have a hornworm problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
despite my best efforts, my hornworms are now too big for my dragon to eat. and i have no idea what to do with them. i gotta have close to 30 now that i can no longer feed to my dragon. any ideas?

Gail

BD.org Addict
How much too big? Soft worms like horns don't need to be between the eyes in size. You can try and sell them to a local pet store or on craigslist.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
Original Poster
3-4 inches long would be my guess now. from what i have seen, there are no local herpers, and the only pet stores we have here are petco and petsmart

ocrage

Hatchling Member
maybe go to the petco and see if they will let you feed them to the red-ear sliders or anything else thats big enough to eat them there.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Breeding them is a real pain. If you can't find someone to take them, your only real option is to throw them out, I'd freeze them first though.

junebug82

Hatchling Member
scubasteve25":307yxw8h said:
would hate to waste them, not only is it a lot of perfectly good feeders, it's the money thing lol.
How big is your dragon? He/she definately can't handle them? There's no chitin..so as long as they can swallow it...I think it should be fine...and filling..lol

Gail

BD.org Addict
As long as they don't choke her then she can eat them. You could always squish them up and syringe feed.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i tried the salad thing, she wont eat them dead, and they dont dice very well, since they are mostly water, once i cut them they just kinda collapse and are just a slimy mess of green skin and guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom