I can't figure out how to upload images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Something I had typed up for such an occasion:

Guide to posting images on BeardedDragon.org forums:

Step 1: Finding a Hosting Service
You will need to decide on what image hosting service you want to use. There are many out there, but the most popular services are Photobucket, Imgur, and Imageshack.us.
Photobucket Guide: (BeardedDragon.org's Favorite) viewtopic.php?f=30&t=167225
Imgur Guide: (My Personal Favorite) SEE BELOW
Imageshack.us Guide: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344594

Step 2: Posting the Image
You will either want to create a new thread, or new post/"post reply" to this thread. The area on the screen that you type in is called your "text field". This is where you will need to add your image in order to be viewed by other members. On the hosting service you have choose to use, open your image. There will be a few options that include two sharing options that you will want to use. These will either be the 'BBCode'/Forum option, or Direct Link. We will use the Direct Link option for explaining how to post. So go ahead and highlight the address with your mouse (the Direct Link should look like: http://i.imgur.com/LRB48.jpg).
Back into your text field, you will want to select the "Img" button at the top and this will add a code into your text field with the type cursor (blinking virtal line that indicates where you are typing) in between this code. It will look like this:
Code:
[img][/img]
With your Direct Link, paste it within the code that has been added into your text field. At this point it should look like this:
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LRB09847.jpg[/img]
Your end result will be an image that is viewable by everyone! We look forward to seeing your Bearded Dragon!

Tutorial: Guides for Imgur Image Hosting

You can either post under a registered account or post without. Creating an account will give you the ability to keep track of your uploads, as well as create albums to share.

To start go to: Imgur.com.

First you will see:
bZZOy.png

Click on "Computer".
Note: You can also Drag and Drop image(s) into the Imgur site and they will add to a queue to be uploaded.

Next you will need to locate the file on the computer:
60hgO.png

Once found select it and then hit open.

This will bring you back to the website with this:
mgPuy.png

Click "Start Upload"

You will now see the upload progress bar:
HROZJ.png

After the upload has finished it will automatically open the upload in the same window. You will see something like this:
Zlpbd.png

Take notice to the "Direct Link" and "BBCode" you can use any of these to post within the forums here at BeardedDragon.org.

If you use the BBCode, just copy and paste this into the post you are creating, and you will display that image on that post.
If you use the Direct Link, you will need to click the "Img" button at the top of your post. This is the button:
18IzG.png

Enjoy Imgur. I find it much more user friendly over some of the bigger hosts out there.

So far there is no official Imgur app for Android or iPhone, but they have announced it for this Fall. There are unofficial apps out there, but I NEVER recommend any applications that request account information in order to use the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom