How to place the Reptisun

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYDragon

Hatchling Member
Hi! I'm thinking of switching from a MVB to a reptisun but was wondering how I should go about mounting it. I have a 75g and I generally keep the screen top off. So how would I get the tube in place? In so confused!

Erin

wes

Juvie Member
Someone else posted pictures of their setup several months ago which I loosely followed. I simply cut a cheap wire hanger in the middle, stuck the two ends in the mounting slots of the light fixture and hung it over the edge of the cage. I had to bend the wire hanger a bit to get it secure, but it's not going anywhere. Our beardie paws at it all the time.

Here's the original post: http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums...=118892&start=0&hilit=mount+light+inside+tank

karen1

To get the reptisun inside the tank I cut a piece of 1/4" plywood so it sat on the inside lip of the tank and mounted the light fixture to that. It does not interfere with the screen lid and no modifications have to be made to the lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom