how old do beardies need to be to go outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Are you thinking an outdoor enclosure or just outside for some supervised enrichment?

As long as you can be assured you won't loose your dragon (leashes, playpens and such can be helpful) they can go outside anytime it is warm enough. It's important to supervise though, it's dangerous for a lizard out there :)

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
I have brought my youngest one outside since she was around 8 months and my other 2 who like the outside go out whenever it is warm enough but they all have leashes for going outside. Which it is always best to either have in a enclosure like a play pen or have a leash on them because when they feel like running they can run good. also some beardies dont like going outside and will freak out

ToothlessTheDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yes i was thinking about outside like in a back yard,
he is always looking outside the window, but when im holding him
and he sees his tank he run up to it, and most the time i put him in it, but
when he can't see it he is fine, do you still think he will like it?
he does love climbing jumping and having fun, :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

An outdoor enclosure is always nice or a baby playpen with a mesh top is fun too. You could put in some logs, etc for him to climb on. If you are around close, then you don't have to put the mesh top on so he can get direct sunlight.
He should enjoy it but you definitely have to be watchful of large birds or other predators.

Tracie

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I started taking mine out in sunny weather when a couple of months old. I invested in a puppy playpen for them that is fabric and mesh with a mesh zippered top. They both love it. I do let Emily walk the yard as she never strays to far from me.

ToothlessTheDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay thanks :)
Most likely when the summer comes back
I might put him in a beardie pen.
But keeping a eye on him is no prob
Once again thanks for the help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom