How much do you talk to your maste-i mean beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
I talk to Franklin WAY TOO MUCH. I'm always asking him silly questions he never answers!

What do you guys talk to your boys/girls about?

I constantly talk to Smaug, too, and I think it's good for bonding. I want him to be used to the sound of a human voice. I usually ask if he's ready for his "crick cricks" (yeah, I'm a goober) and ask him about how his day has been. I talk to all of my animals, though.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Oh, yeah. I chatter away to Fluffy all the time. I think the main line is "Who's my pretty girl?" But when I get home from work I ask her if she ate many crickies today, why does she think her greens are meant to be confetti, things like that... Lately I've been installing the "furniture" into the new viv and fussing with lights. I talk to her all about that. Tell her how much she's going to love her new dragon palace.

As for Figment, he's usually glued to the hubby's shoulder, so I tend to ask him if his human is behaving well for him.

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
I talk to her all the time...she usually gives me the "you're nuts" look. I wave at her too...she does NOT wave back. If I am home for a long period of time and do NOT wave, she glares at me. If I don't watch her play in her pool, she glares at me. If the cats are in *her* window, she glares at them...

There's a theme here...

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I talk to my babies as often as I can, but I make sure I spend a couple full mintues twice a day looking right into their eyes while I talk. They seem to know that's different and it seems as if they understand and try to formulate a response. Yes, there are many rolling their eyes at this, but I like to believe it is true if it isn't.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
LadyMeridius":1msr8mev said:
I talk to her all the time...she usually gives me the "you're nuts" look. I wave at her too...she does NOT wave back. If I am home for a long period of time and do NOT wave, she glares at me. If I don't watch her play in her pool, she glares at me. If the cats are in *her* window, she glares at them...

There's a theme here...

sounds like the theme is, you have displeased the queen with your bumbling! AND YOU ALLOWED CATS INTO HER WINDOWSILL!! FOR SHAME!!!

MurderVictim

Hatchling Member
I talk to Wolfgang everytime I get up, since his viv is in my room xD

I tend to say, "Hi, pretty boy!" "What are you doing, Wolfgang? Just hanging out?" Oh, and the occasional "Awww! You're so cute!" He seems to enjoy me looking like an *****. My parents talk to him, too.

elmore91011

Hatchling Member
oh Lord as we speak I actually got permission from Princess Bella to respond! We chat all the time I'm her "lady in waiting"! I talk to her when we're alone and when the house is full lol. My Hubby has taken second seat, I even asked her what we should have for supper last night :lol:

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
elmore91011":31f0h0nc said:
oh Lord as we speak I actually got permission from Princess Bella to respond! We chat all the time I'm her "lady in waiting"! I talk to her when we're alone and when the house is full lol. My Hubby has taken second seat, I even asked her what we should have for supper last night :lol:

Did you get any response? What happened for supper? THE FANS MUST KNOW!!! hehe

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
RandyMarsh":g3c1esx4 said:
sounds like the theme is, you have displeased the queen with your bumbling! AND YOU ALLOWED CATS INTO HER WINDOWSILL!! FOR SHAME!!!

I KNOW RIGHT?? Oh when I have to go out of town and have to have a sitter for her...the sitter is still scarred from the great veggie fling of 2009

NeosMom

Juvie Member
:laughing6: Oh my goodness! That had me laughing. I was at work when I read this last post and I busted out laughing and everyone thought I was crazy. Who hasn't seen the veggie flinging incidents? Wow!

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
NeosMom":2kch8suz said:
:laughing6: Oh my goodness! That had me laughing. I was at work when I read this last post and I busted out laughing and everyone thought I was crazy. Who hasn't seen the veggie flinging incidents? Wow!

Franklin has never flinged any veggies :(

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I talk to my babies all the time, in normal human speech (no baby talk), and most times they'd answer in their own ways (death glares, head bobs, cold shoulders, closed eyes, sideways head tilts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom