How many Bearded Dragons do you care for / have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Just wondering. I only have one but I see some of you with at least 2. What's it like having more than one? I'd be too scared to have more than one (money wise). & room / space for the tanks.

burt1016

Juvie Member
jackiesmama":3rjwnx3x said:
i have 3 semi adults, 1 4 month old, 11 ( 37 day olds ) and 19 eggs

:shock: That must take a toll on your heating bill!

Myself, I have two adults. At one point in time I had three adults, and really not that much different then caring for one (except the time is doubled!).

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
yes, my electric bll right now is quite high, but it worth it. i love watching these little ones, there so entertaining :D

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
I have 2 (1 year apart).

If i had the room i would get more.

in the future i do want to mate them and have babies, and i have friends who are dying to get the offspring of Mr Dargon and Tasty Treat.
and i would probably keep at least 1 baby from their clutch.

i order the food in bulk so it doesn't cost too much extra.

plus setting of feeder colonies helps with costs.

and selling stuff helps pay for everything. (too many feeders? sell some!!)

LoveMy4BeardieGals

Hatchling Member
The total BDs in my house is 5. 4 of which are mine and 1 of which is my hubbys. They are all equally loved and spoiled. Guiness is the youngest and Leo our oldest :D

ShaneHanley

I have two. Ruby, whom is my first ever; a female beardie who turned 3 years old in November. I got her in my branch of a chain of petstore who breed their own dragons. She wasn't been looked after at all, being housed in a vivarium with two rather large Schneider's skinks. I had done research before getting Ruby, all of which was done on here (thank heaven's for that) and knew that a LOT was wrong; so there was no hesitation in bringing her home. Fast forward to to the present, a Ruby is one BIG girl. She is very healthy; eats great, poops regularly, sleeps perfectly & gets a much play time and running around out of her viv as my time shall allow.

My second; his name is Steve. He's a nine month old, whom I rescued recently; very skinny and small for his age. I won't go into details here, as I planning on making a new thread for Steve and his adventures, but his living conditions were horrendous. However, he's settling in better than I thought; he will NEVER turn down a cricket, and almost every day is green's are gone. I mean literally GONE. He didn't poop for about a week, but upon sustaining a healthy diet; has begun pooping regularly and as far as my knowledge goes, it looks healthy as can be, as of late. More to come on Steve soon, so keep an eye out for his thread when I get the chance...

So, yeah. Two... for now. I have some eh, strange feeling that Ruby & Steve aren't the last in my clan. Some strange reason. :roll:

PastelBeardie

Juvie Member
LOL, I understand that. Keeping lizards seems to be an addiction.

I have one bearded dragon, Baldric. I'm a gecko person who wanted to try a bearded dragon for some time, but things kept happening at the last minute and I wasn't able to get one. Then I saw Baldric on line and knew he was the one. He has a comical personality and I love him, but I don't feel a pull to get another bearded dragon. Besides, I'd need to either add on to this house or buy a larger one to fit more reptiles.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
ShaneHanley":14sn5nlr said:
So, yeah. Two... for now. I have some eh, strange feeling that Ruby & Steve aren't the last in my clan. Some strange reason. :roll:
:laughhard:

I have 4 -- 3 adults and 1 baby.
When I got Pookie, I never ever thought I'd have more than 1, but ~2.5 years later, not only did I add one more, but I ended up adding 2 in a 6-month span (one was suppose to be a temporary foster, but I fell in love with her and just had to keep her).
Of course, the cost of feeding went up but it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, since I buy the feeders in bulk.
Then, 2 years after that, I was rewarded with a beautiful baby girl. She's Pookie and Digi's baby.

Everyone gets the same amount of love and attention. No one ever goes without.

At this point in time, I am not planning on adding anymore to my crazy family. (keywords - not planning on :wink:)

babyheartthrob

Hatchling Member
I have 4 babies :D
Draco; 8 months, Hermione; 7 months, Tonks; 5 months and Hagrid; 5 months 8)

I'm currently thinking about adding to the brood (waiting to hear if a girl at the local petshop is really not able to take care of her beardie :roll:, if I don't hear from her soon I found a beautiful little one online that is calling to me :lol: )

Sabrina

sweetpea1981

Juvie Member
I have 2, a 6 month old named Stubs and a 3 month old named Phoenix aka Baby, and eventually want to add another but the next one will definitely be a leather back! Plus I don't mind the food cost except when I run out of phoenix worms and have to buy crickets....I hate crickets!! :puke:

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
Some of you must be in monstrous houses to be able keep that many dragons! I feel bad because my little guy looks like he needs more space and I just don't know where to to put a larger viv! :D

I just have Hermes. Two days and counting, but I can already see why people get addicted by these little guys and end up with so many!

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
64 dragons if you count all the babies. There are 4 whole rooms of the house dedicated to dragons or feeders, plus we have a few in the living room as well. I spend about $350 on food every 7-10 days or so. My electric bill is usually somewhere between $500-600. It takes me 3-4 hours in the morning just to prepare and feed everyone their greens and protein and clean poop. I spend about 9-10 hours a day on my kids, aside from my regular full-time job. I am a busy guy, and a broke one, but they are all worth it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom