How long has everyone had their beardie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewithsfi

Hatchling Member
apascarell1":2uiag3ri said:
I want to build an enclosure wih sliding doors but I don't know where to begin lol

I use old windows for my enclosures. They are framed so no cutting of glass, and because they have the metal trim no cutting of Beardie or myself. Or you can get two sheets of plexi glass, the size you want, and then buy the plastic tracks from the hardware store. The tracks can be glued and screwed in top and bottom. Place the plexi glass in the tracks and now you have sliding doors. For handles you can either use self adhesive plastic handles or drill small hole and use cabinet knobs.

apascarell1

Original Poster
That's so helpful thanks! Another irrelevant question. My baby eats at least 40 crickets a day. Is it easier to have bulk shipped to my house. I want the cheapest way

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Yep, alot cheaper!!! You can use either a 10 gallon tank, or you can make a bin for them out of a rubbermade type tote, cut a hole out of the top and tape down some screen. Egg crates, gel water and some cricket food...

apascarell1

Original Poster
Yea. I have one of those large critter crate things that kids catch bugs in and stuff. I have egg carton and gut loader. I use cut up carrots or potatoe sprayed with water as hydration. Thanks for all your help.

jings55

Hatchling Member
We've had Stryker II for 3 1/2 months now. He will be 7 months old on 8/27. :love5: He is a little underweight at only 83 grams and 11 1/2 inches long. We bought him from a pet store that got him from a local breeder.

Our first Beardie, Stryker I, was bought on craigslist and we were basically lied to as to her sex and age. We were told "he" was a year old and then he stopped eating and got sick in a few days time and went to the vet and we were told "she" was about 7 years old at 24" long. She was a gorgeous Beardie, but died exactly one week after we got her from complications and infection from an abscess in her mouth. :angry5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom