How Does Your Beardie Shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that Scorch sheds in four distinct phases. Tail, legs, body, head. How does your beardie shed? Does anyone have a beardie that sheds their whole body all at once?
IMG_1198.jpg

You can't help but love me :whip:

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Cam hasn't really done any shedding yet, but Jasper used to be so frustrating. He would do tiny little clumps of scales - almost never a full arm or anything. It would take him FOREVER to shed!

Tiantha

Hatchling Member
Howlin' Rex tail, legs, head then body 3 times now...3rd in process. This baby sheds about 1 Time per month.

Tiantha tail when I first got her, then legs, then head and body at once over 3 months.

bugaboo

Floyd sheds starting at his face first then moves evenly down his body but stops at his tail which goes about 1 week later. The tail varies starting either top or tip. Weird!

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
Izzy sheds wierd, too! Usually the head first, then back and legs and tail last...Strange :roll:

DSC_0297.jpg

"YUP...I'm a stud"

jdtaylor

Sunny usually sheds his tail first, then his legs, then his body and head at the same time. It is interesting how he stays on the same cycle, but cool as I can get excited about his upcoming growing!

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Brutus just shed his tail... FINALLY! It seemed to take him forever. It was so funny to hear him scraping his tail against the branches in his tank. Every time I turned around to watch him, he would stop. Silly dragon.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Oscar likes to spend a month or two shedding tiny bits here and there. (to make me crazy). Calypso is good about it. Doesn't take her much time. She sheds legs, then tail then the head explosion looking thing, then her body. (I think)

Tiantha

Hatchling Member
sometimes a picture paints 1000 words

003-5.jpg

This is the shed monster yesterday just before he pulled it all off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom