Waffles shed….again

Waffles has been closing her eyes a lot lately. I was really worried she was upset or something was wrong because she was just not herself. She was hiding in her warm hide, didn’t want attention and just glared all the time. She would go on the cold side, get black and pancake. I had to move her over to the warm side and she would get that look in her eyes. Then the revelation happens…her eyes were shedding! Well, not just her eyes! In one day she shed her head, part of her tail, part of a front leg and part of the opposite back leg. Boy oh boy did she run around in her enclosure. She was rubbing against everything trying to get all the shed off. After all that she got on her warm black log/stump, turned her head to look at me, tilted her head, lifted her tail and pooped. I mean really pooped! I laughed so hard it was hard to breathe! She is so much happier now. She started running around again and doesn’t mind being held. Darn shed, it gets me every time. Her body looks like it’s goin to shed for weeks and then boom! Shed time! I helped her get around her eyes and in/near her mouth because she just kept licking the air towards the side. She’s not very smart sometimes. The rest she did on her own with the aid of all the wood and rough surfaces around her cage. Now every time I get near her cage she tilts her head like she is looking at where the bugs are the up at me. I’ll try to figure out how to share that.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpeg
    IMG_0075.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 64

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Waffles has been closing her eyes a lot lately. I was really worried she was upset or something was wrong because she was just not herself. She was hiding in her warm hide, didn’t want attention and just glared all the time. She would go on the cold side, get black and pancake. I had to move her over to the warm side and she would get that look in her eyes. Then the revelation happens…her eyes were shedding! Well, not just her eyes! In one day she shed her head, part of her tail, part of a front leg and part of the opposite back leg. Boy oh boy did she run around in her enclosure. She was rubbing against everything trying to get all the shed off. After all that she got on her warm black log/stump, turned her head to look at me, tilted her head, lifted her tail and pooped. I mean really pooped! I laughed so hard it was hard to breathe! She is so much happier now. She started running around again and doesn’t mind being held. Darn shed, it gets me every time. Her body looks like it’s goin to shed for weeks and then boom! Shed time! I helped her get around her eyes and in/near her mouth because she just kept licking the air towards the side. She’s not very smart sometimes. The rest she did on her own with the aid of all the wood and rough surfaces around her cage. Now every time I get near her cage she tilts her head like she is looking at where the bugs are the up at me. I’ll try to figure out how to share that.
They grow so fast

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom