Hood for tube uvb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixxx

Honestly all depends on your UVB tube, though I recommend it being a T8 Reptisun 10.0. If your tube is in the tank, you don't even need a hood.

Mishbenz

Original Poster
Sixxx":3r6gxygd said:
Honestly all depends on your UVB tube, though I recommend it being a T8 Reptisun 10.0. If your tube is in the tank, you don't even need a hood.
How is it meant to work if it’s not connected to anything

Sixxx

You can connect the negative and positive cords to the tubing (i think thats how it works) and just stick your UVB tube to the back near the ceiling.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Sixxx":1ou0scvg said:

I would actually recommend the t5 over the t8, it is much stronger and will last longer.

Most generic light housings will work, I just got the correct housing off of Amazon. When we say you don't need a hood, that is talking about the big, bulky things like this:
87623-5991763757.jpg

A simple light fixture like this works equally well, and is much cheaper:

87623-6158200363.jpg

Though it is best to get one with a reflector for optimal output.

Hope this helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom