Melissagephart

So I just switched to a 40 gallon tank for my beardie, I got a larger uvb bar (reptisun 10.0) that I’m planning to mount under the screen today. as well as a new housing / basking bulb. It’s a 100w zoomed bulb. I don’t know if I need new thermometers but they are both reading at about 80 degrees which I don’t know how that’s possible whits a basking lamp on one side. I think he is dealing with some new tank stress as well. I moved one of the thermometers to be closer to his basking lamp but it still hasn’t changed much?! I’m just confused and i don’t know if it’s the light or if the thermometers are crap, they worked just fine in his 20 gal, but they also came with it so I don’t know if that could be the issue. There is also a few inch lip on the top so I don’t know if it being under that is effecting it. TIA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 133

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I just switched to a 40 gallon tank for my beardie, I got a larger uvb bar (reptisun 10.0) that I’m planning to mount under the screen today. as well as a new housing / basking bulb. It’s a 100w zoomed bulb. I don’t know if I need new thermometers but they are both reading at about 80 degrees which I don’t know how that’s possible whits a basking lamp on one side. I think he is dealing with some new tank stress as well. I moved one of the thermometers to be closer to his basking lamp but it still hasn’t changed much?! I’m just confused and i don’t know if it’s the light or if the thermometers are crap, they worked just fine in his 20 gal, but they also came with it so I don’t know if that could be the issue. There is also a few inch lip on the top so I don’t know if it being under that is effecting it. TIA
Your screen looks like its a wide hole type the UVB can stay on top if that is correct-- 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor -- your getting temps w/ the analog? If so they are incorrect- you want actual surface temps - you need a digital probe thermometer to get those - place the probe on the spot where he basks wait 10 min then get the temp -- you want 2 of them one for your basking side and one for the cool side - the hot side does not need to have the probe there all the time spot check every week or so --

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom