Melissagephart

So I just switched to a 40 gallon tank for my beardie, I got a larger uvb bar (reptisun 10.0) that I’m planning to mount under the screen today. as well as a new housing / basking bulb. It’s a 100w zoomed bulb. I don’t know if I need new thermometers but they are both reading at about 80 degrees which I don’t know how that’s possible whits a basking lamp on one side. I think he is dealing with some new tank stress as well. I moved one of the thermometers to be closer to his basking lamp but it still hasn’t changed much?! I’m just confused and i don’t know if it’s the light or if the thermometers are crap, they worked just fine in his 20 gal, but they also came with it so I don’t know if that could be the issue. There is also a few inch lip on the top so I don’t know if it being under that is effecting it. TIA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 124

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I just switched to a 40 gallon tank for my beardie, I got a larger uvb bar (reptisun 10.0) that I’m planning to mount under the screen today. as well as a new housing / basking bulb. It’s a 100w zoomed bulb. I don’t know if I need new thermometers but they are both reading at about 80 degrees which I don’t know how that’s possible whits a basking lamp on one side. I think he is dealing with some new tank stress as well. I moved one of the thermometers to be closer to his basking lamp but it still hasn’t changed much?! I’m just confused and i don’t know if it’s the light or if the thermometers are crap, they worked just fine in his 20 gal, but they also came with it so I don’t know if that could be the issue. There is also a few inch lip on the top so I don’t know if it being under that is effecting it. TIA
Your screen looks like its a wide hole type the UVB can stay on top if that is correct-- 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor -- your getting temps w/ the analog? If so they are incorrect- you want actual surface temps - you need a digital probe thermometer to get those - place the probe on the spot where he basks wait 10 min then get the temp -- you want 2 of them one for your basking side and one for the cool side - the hot side does not need to have the probe there all the time spot check every week or so --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom