help

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinm1

My bearded is laying in his cage twitching and when he does move he has trouble. He Seems to not be using his back legs to much. When he does move he practically falls over. What could this possible be

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Also, how old is your UVB? How close can your beardie get to it?
Do you dust feeders with calcium? How often?

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like he definitely needs a trip to the vet. He needs a Reptisun 10.0 UVB light and Calcium with D3, or a MegaRay MVB bulb ASAP. Sounds like Metabolic Bone Disease from improper care.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please do answer the questions regarding the lighting for us so we can help you better.
What type of substrate do you use, sand, tiles, paper towels?
How old is your dragon?
Has he been eating anything at all lately?
It is most likely going to be metabolic bone disease due to lack of UVB lighting & calcium supplementation.

Tracie

spike911

You need to get him to the vet so they can give you a calcium substrate. It does sound like MBD and if you live in a warm climate you need to get him out in the real sun for about 20 minutes a day. The real sun can help with this as well but he also needs the calcium substrate that you can get from a vet and then this forum will help you make sure you have the right lights and the right dust for vegies and crickets. My beardie has a leash and in the summer he lays out with me for about a half hour and then I put him back in his cage. He is beside me so birds, cats and dogs are not able to get him. Also if you do take him out in the yard do not fertilize your yard and do not spary pesticides as this can harm your beardie. Make sure to put down a towel or blanket or keep him in a box not a glass tank and the glass tank will heat up and could harm him or kill him as they heat up too fast and too much. A card board box is the best method to keeping him healthy outside. Also make sure half of it is shaded in case he gets too warm and needs to get out of the sun he can move into the shade. This is usually an indicator that he is ready to go inside. Mine usually goes under my chair and then I take him inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom