Help me with my lighting Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukiiG

hi im about to get a BD will i be ok with a standard 60watt house bulb and a 15" reptiglo 5.0 and my tank is 32" by 18"

Help is apreciated =]

bdp7150

15" reptiglo 10.0 is what i use that was recommended by the breeder that i bought from, and on the light bulb my thought is as long as you get the temp at the basking area(rock) to be 100 to 105 deg f also check the temp on the cool side of tank around 80 85 deg f. and i don't use a heat rock i think this is no no. someone else might have other ideals.

:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob5: :blob5: :blob8:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, it's good that you're doing your research before you get your beardie.

It's hard for anyone to tell you what wattage basking bulb you will need because it also depends on the room temp, the height of the basking log or rock you will be using and how tall your tank is, etc. You could certainly start out by using a 60 watt household light bulb and see what the basking and cool side temps are with that. Then adjust the wattage accordingly. You have to make sure that you are using either a temperature gun or a digital thermometer that has a long wire & probe on the end as those are the only 2 ways to get accurate readings. If you're getting a baby, they tend to like it warmer so a basking temp of over 100 and up to 110 is recommended. The cool side should be 75 to 85 but no higher with a temp of 80 being ideal.

I think you mentioned that you live in the UK so this link is the best fluorescent UVB that you can get there and even superior to the Rept-Sun 10.0 fluorescent that is available in the U.S. http://www.valuevivariums.co.uk/arcadia-reptile-lamp-p-2984.html A Repti-Glo 5.0 fluorescent doesn't produce enough UV to be beneficial to a beardie so it would really be a waste of money for you as it didn't rate very good on the UVB testing that was done. There have been some problems with the Repti-Glo 10.0 fluorescent causing eye problems and other health issues, so I would avoid getting one of those too. Also, please make sure you stay away from ALL compact & coil UVB's as they are VERY dangerous and some beardies have died when being under those bulbs.

If you have anymore questions, please let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom