Gray-bearded Member
Hey chancellor...

How is your dragon doing today?

How was the very appointment?

Em

chancellor91

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well it on some other threds i have to many =P but she had some seizures, they think form impaction, and she seems to be doing better, cause she poo-ed so i think she doing better, but the doc said to turn MVB back on cause of the calcium gluconate or what ever she is on right now? so what do i do turn it off, or leave it on

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hey im so happy for you both that she finally went! yay!

ok by any chance did you get a photo of the poop? hmm id check with tracie about the baytril and see what she thinks? that medication is very harsh on their systems so it can make them worse before they get better, are you using a probiotic? if not then i would definitely use one to help the lil one balance his system out. to name a few of the top of my head are benebac, avipro plus and nutrbac and this can just be dusted on their greens or livefood.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hello again
yes i think its best for a mod to join these together im posting all over the place, LOL.
with the stringy bit im not quite sure i know what you mean, the fecal sample is non invasive as well, all you do is when your beardie poops, scoop it up in a sandwich bag or small container and pop it in the fridge (the poop that is, not the beardie! :lol: ) and get to the vet as soon as possible as some parasites can only be seen when the poop is fresh. here in the uk it doesnt cost much either but if it does come back positive for anything then the vet will have to see the beardie to get an accurate weight for him to dose the correct meds.
hope ive helped!

chadwick757

Hatchling Member
If its a vet with herp experience I would listen to them. If you are questioning the decision because you have other information Try giving them a call.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
chancellor91":98016 said:
well it on some other threds i have to many =P but she had some seizures, they think form impaction, and she seems to be doing better, cause she poo-ed so i think she doing better, but the doc said to turn MVB back on cause of the calcium gluconate or what ever she is on right now? so what do i do turn it off, or leave it on

I think it might be a very good idea to PM Tracie (Drache613).

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

Em

chancellor91

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well see she poops in her bath water? so the i took the poo to the vet in a zip-lock conatainer, and it is in water, i hope they can find something about it, tracy do you know what the springy part between the urate and acual poop could be?

chancellor91

Juvie Member
Original Poster
can i give her ACTIVIA yogurt, it is supposed to do the same thing for humans as it would for her? you guys think this is okay?

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I think they are only supposed to have soy yogurt. I think they have problems with dairy. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong.

chancellor91

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ok i will go buy some soy, and bring it to her after i get home from work, hard to find time for my sick beardie between mid term and work

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh no sorry no activia yoghurt as yummy as they are beardies cannot have dairy i believe, cannot remember why though
:D

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hmm i dont know where tracies got to, lol, im in a different time zone so have no idea what kind of times she normally online.

ok yep the pooping in the bath, this is what mine do also, it can be messy, lol, if theres a lot of water ill sieve some out or ill use a spoon :puke: , lol
i think only rarely does them pooping in the bath affect results. with Mischief he was treated for pinworms then coccidia afterwards but after the pinworm treatment he was clear from the poop he did in the bath and didnt believe them so took another sample not in the bath and same result.
with one of my snakes her poop in the bath was clear, poop not in bath and whoooh, overload of flagellates. terrible they are also.
well let us know any updates and the results of his poop!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No, please don't give any yogurt with dairy in it as they cannot digest dairy. Stonyfield makes a soy yogurt that is fruity and I'll bet he would like it. It's very important that you give a probiotic to help him restore the good gut flora and that should help his appetite increase.

chancellor91

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i bought her some soy blueberry from Whole Foods so i know its good xD

so hopefully that will get her appetite back

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[Chancellor, I merged your threads together since they were covering a lot of the same health issues. This should make it easier for you and for everyone trying to respond and follow your posts.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom