Help! Injured Anole!

Lyrebird.Rainwing

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Swordtail
This lil anole I found outside seems to have decently injured legs, is there any way I could help it?
20231016_154736.jpg

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
This lil anole I found outside seems to have decently injured legs, is there any way I could help it? View attachment 84716
I’ve never owned an anole, unfortunately, but my friend has. I can ask her a bit but she had them about four years ago so I’m not sure what she’ll remember. And I’m not too sure about the quality of her husbandry… maybe look some care guide up online and take it to the vet??? I don’t know, sorry

Edit: you sure that’s an anole? I’ve never seen one with those patterns, maybe a different morph? Again, I have not the faintest clue

Lyrebird.Rainwing

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Swordtail
I’ve never owned an anole, unfortunately, but my friend has. I can ask her a bit but she had them about four years ago so I’m not sure what she’ll remember. And I’m not too sure about the quality of her husbandry… maybe look some care guide up online and take it to the vet??? I don’t know, sorry
I won't be able to take the lil guy to the vet rn but if you could get some info from your friend then that would be great

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I won't be able to take the lil guy to the vet rn but if you could get some info from your friend then that would be great
Will do, but I won’t get in contact with her until tomorrow for work reasons. In the meantime just do some research of your own

Last edited:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you catch it ? If so you can try to put some raw honey on it or dab it with water/betadine mix. You'd need at least a 10 gal. tank set up, put one large pothos plant in + spray the entire plant and one side of the glass daily. Paper towel for substrate, keep in a room about 84 segrees during the day. Offer small crickets or dubia. If it's too wild + fast to catch , there's nothing you can do. If you catch it and have to release it then don't put honey on, that will attract a lot of insects to attack the leg. If it doesn't get infected he'll likely survive with his battle wounds.

Lyrebird.Rainwing

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Swordtail
Oh, that is uh, alot of stuff I don't have. I did catch him but any time I try and even pick him up he freaks out

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If he's feisty just let him go, he will either live with this or it might get infected. If you have a reptile rescue nearby they might help but not always for something as tiny as an anole . It looks like a brown /Bahaman anole, might be female unless you see a dewlap.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom