Partially closed eye

kingeroc

Woke up this morning and our guys one eye was partially closed and watery, everything seemed normal last night. He's been shedding so not sure if something got into his eye and its irritated or what, it doesn't appear to be injured. Lighting is an Arcadia 12% UVB and and Arcadia basking light.

Attachments

• 386096127_10103708978394836_8420852395256805776_n.jpg
    386096127_10103708978394836_8420852395256805776_n.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 58

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Woke up this morning and our guys one eye was partially closed and watery, everything seemed normal last night. He's been shedding so not sure if something got into his eye and its irritated or what, it doesn't appear to be injured. Lighting is an Arcadia 12% UVB and and Arcadia basking light.
Are you using loose substrate? Where is the UVB? inside the tank or top of screen? Could be shed coming on- you can use some regular saline NO contact lens solution - rinse the eye see if it gets better -

kingeroc

Original Poster
Are you using loose substrate? Where is the UVB? inside the tank or top of screen? Could be shed coming on- you can use some regular saline NO contact lens solution - rinse the eye see if it gets better -
Right now I'm using paper towels. Lights are on the screen

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Right now I'm using paper towels. Lights are on the screen
What kind of screen? fine mesh like a screen door? wide hole type? So it may be shed coming on -- keep an eye on it see if it get worse -- you have good lighting so that is ruled out -- but we need good placement and distance

kingeroc

Original Poster
What kind of screen? fine mesh like a screen door? wide hole type? So it may be shed coming on -- keep an eye on it see if it get worse -- you have good lighting so that is ruled out -- but we need good placement and distance
I made the lids from transparent screen you get from lowes, no uv rating on the screen. Right now the rock he hangs out on most of the day is about 12 inches from lights

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I made the lids from transparent screen you get from lowes, no uv rating on the screen. Right now the rock he hangs out on most of the day is about 12 inches from lights
I dont know what transparent screen is -- I can tell you screen blocks 30% of the UVB rays - I would get the UVB unobstructed w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece - hes little you want those good UVB rays getting to him --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom