Help Identify Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came home to find this little guy scurring across my floor. Not to sure what he is... I like in the mountains in Oregon, so not really a desert climate, but maybe an alligator lizard? I don't know... What do you think?
th_P1260289.jpg

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I cant really tell from the pic since it is kind of small, but it looks kind of like the skinks we have around our house.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
yeah not sure wht it is... pretty cute though. Do you have a plan for it? Are you gonna keep it or have you already let it back out side?

babydragondaddy

Original Poster
It is cold and rainy outside, so I figure I will let him stay with us since I have an extra tank. I figure it came from around here OR since we just picked up our bird from the pet store, maybe it hid in her cage. Either way, he came to me, so I must take care of him. :D

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
SARBEAR - why would it be mean to keep him ??? I think that's sweet =)

Babydragondaddy - aww poor thing ! It doesnt look like a wild lizard to me.. does it to you ? I cant really tell by the picture.. maybe a close up =)
Dont feel bad.. I had a little incident my self last week where I saw a baby lizard in the streets (thought it was a beardie). I tried to catch it in thought of rescuing it but it was so jumpy and kept running from me. At least I wanted to take it to a bush or something.. we were at a mall parking lot with no trees/grass/bushes around !!!

Take more pics once the little fella calms down =)

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Yes keeping the lizard would be sweet, but the reason I think it's mean is because if he's a wild lizard, which he looks like it, he's used to running around and not being in captivity. If he's wild I think it'd be better to leave him in the wild.
Most lizards people catch often die sooner or later because they don't get the proper care.
Just sayin :)

I can't really tell what it is, like Aznrainbowdime said, maybe a closer picture would help?
I don't think it looks like an alligator lizard though..

babydragondaddy

Original Poster
I am convinced it came from the wild here... I will get a closer picture tomorrow since he is sleeping rite now. I will release him when the weather gets better. Until then, I will show him the good in humans.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
How nice of you giving the poor fella a nice home ! You should go back to the pestore and see if they sell those there ?? And if they do... then you got a FREEBIE !!! You wont have to throw it back out in the wild !!!!!!!!! lol :D

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, at the very least you want to identify it so you can determine weather it is wild or not and give it the proper food while it is under your care. If he did come from the pet store and got into the birds cage you wouldn't be doing him any favors releasing him into the wild as it may not be able to survive in your particular climate. Can't wait to see a pic of this little guy to see what he is. At the very least if he is wild you will give him a nice meal to remember you by.
I know that Christy's daughter has fed many hungry western fence lizards and then released them without incident.
My kids catch lizards to put in my mothers cricket infested garden and wild tarantulas here and feed them crix then let them go. Hey, it's kinda like an animal soup kitchen. There's no harm in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom