healthy adult weight? id like research paper links if there are any.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
What is her full length rather than snout to vent ? Her body condition does show that she's overweight. People claiming that she should be half of what she weighs are dead wrong though. I do see a trend on Reddit of a somewhat unrealistic view of what weight and how much is the best for a healthy beardie.
Agreed, in my experience you can never really create a chart measuring weights depending on age. It’s such a wide variety per dragon that not one chart can be fully 100% correct. For example, Leo is 450 grams. He is not overweight. He is only 8 months old. A chart says an 8 month old should weigh 230-325 grams. And my first beardie, she was stunted so she only weighed 130ish grams (can’t remember very well) but wasn’t underweight. it’s such a wide range, and no chart can measure it.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Hi there, my dragon is around the same size as yours. He's missing part of his tail so I do also measure snout to vent ;)
He's at 350g right now but he is rather slim as he's only a year old. I've read somewhere that if they are standing up neither the belly nor the tail should be touching the floor.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi there, my dragon is around the same size as yours. He's missing part of his tail so I do also measure snout to vent ;)
He's at 350g right now but he is rather slim as he's only a year old. I've read somewhere that if they are standing up neither the belly nor the tail should be touching the floor.
mine runs around, when she does she easily has 3/4 to an inch of clearance from floor to belly. her tail is not even close. she is a pretty fast sprinter so she sorta bounces. being free range at home she is often running up and down teh stairs. when she goes fast she can jump two steps at a time while climbing up the carpet

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
20231021_071427.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom