healthy adult weight? id like research paper links if there are any.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Depends on their length.

Generally 400-700g is a good range. 700+ can be acceptable for some dragons, once again, depending on total size of the dragon.

-Brandon

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
what should adults weigh?
Totally depends. My boy is almost an adult and he weighs 450+ grams but isn’t remotely overweight. My other beardie who has recently passed only weighed around 150 grams but she was stunted. Someone here’s dragon is 1k+ grams and isn’t overweight, so the range is very large.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she is 8.675" long. nose to vent. some people on reddit linked a study that showed she should be 265g instead of 550. anyone have any input.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no, not stunted. she gets bugs every 2-3 weeks or so. mostly its greenbeans, collared, some fruit here and there, that is offered daily. she often only eats part of whats on her plate. maybe only a green bean and a half worth of food.
she poos every morning.

she has hovered between 520-580 grams for the past year. he blood work comes back good at her physicals.

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
no, not stunted. she gets bugs every 2-3 weeks or so. mostly its greenbeans, collared, some fruit here and there, that is offered daily. she often only eats part of whats on her plate. maybe only a green bean and a half worth of food.
she poos every morning.

she has hovered between 520-580 grams for the past year. he blood work comes back good at her physicals.
Can I get a picture of her just from her back side? She does look a bit chunky but it could just be me

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
20231017_081132.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What is her full length rather than snout to vent ? Her body condition does show that she's overweight. People claiming that she should be half of what she weighs are dead wrong though. I do see a trend on Reddit of a somewhat unrealistic view of what weight and how much is the best for a healthy beardie.

Last edited:

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom