He has a swollen shoulder/ pad

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just noticed his shoulder/pad is swollen and the other is not. Now, I feel guilty because I didn't see it before.

I have silkworms and hornworms coming in.
A black cherry powder supplement, calcium, vitamin liquids coming. Powders galore from bearded dragon. co.
I gave him some silkworm enzyme.
I will be alerting his vet tomorrow.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I wanted to chime in about the Serrapeptase! LOL
It would be hard to give too much, because it is very safe. Does he at least like it, even though he
runs from the terrible syringe?
I hope everything is working out well with his appetite & supplementation.

Tracie

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello,

I wanted to chime in about the Serrapeptase! LOL
It would be hard to give too much, because it is very safe. Does he at least like it, even though he
runs from the terrible syringe?
I hope everything is working out well with his appetite & supplementation.

Tracie
Oh, he perks up when he gets a taste of it. I have to hide the syringe. But, I found out a way to perch him while out eating. I took a small cushion I sewed for him and perched him up on it. His foot that he didn't want to put weight on was supported by the cushion. He had a happy face when I added small slivers of apple. I added one more soft perch in his tank to lay on when he should be using it to climb up on to his basking spot. I've made some repashy this afternoon and forgot that it's not 'cold' anymore outside and that it needs to set in the fridge. It was still warm when I brought it in and placed in the refrigerator.

Oh, he likes the kidney support, too. I hope it's ok to add some of the leftover kidney support and water into his salad. I figured that's a good way to make sure he gets water and the dose.

I also have some other question regarding banded crickets. Do they have uric acid levels like the dubias? I want to make sure that I'm not purchasing crickets that have those high uric acid levels.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That i don't know, if i get a few minutes to research (I'm at work) I'll try to find the comparisons.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Ok so I've been researching into the uric acid levels. It was quite enlightening. The short answer is the banded crickets will have less uric acid- as long as they are not given a very high protein diet. Turns out roaches (in general) store uric acid so it can converted back into energy(in the form of protein) during lean times. They store more uric acid at lower levels of protein than other insects.
I am linking an article by Allen Repashy it's kindda long but a good read.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Enlightening.
I don't use the protein based products to feed the roaches. They get whatever he eats. If he ate turnip greens, they get turnip greens. If he eats dandelion greens, they get dandelion greens. Sometimes with the supplement powders.
No cat food, or dog food is fed to them. Curious how he had signs of inflammation when he had bugs once or twice a week.
Today, he had repashy.
And the past few days, he's had some watery poops. Maybe he's eating too much greens? I started to give him greens once a day. Otherwise, he's not too hungry for dinner.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Even without rinsing or spraying the greens with a water bottle they will add water to their diet. I suspect any dragon that eats greens well has soft to watery poos. ( i can't confirm from experience as my guys are very hit or miss with greens)

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He's getting it from his greens, squash, and peppers. I guess watery poops are better than none at all. Urates are looking good. Not hard at all. He'll let you know when he has to poop. He gets restless and can't wait to go into the bathroom. I steam cleaned his tank today because he went in his tank instead of the bathroom like usual.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I really enjoyed it. The machine's new. So, it has this 'smell' to it. Don't mind the smell. And I wait to put him back into his tank.
He fought me with liquid medicine today. He got some. Not all of it.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My guys are all to focused on food to cuddle in the morning, but come evening..... 😁
He ate this morning, then this afternoon, he decided to poo in the shower.
I noticed something about his activity when he walks. I sat him on my bed and he wanted to walk and run around on my bed. (For the first time too)
He slowly walked, but he had a very slight limp, as if he was testing the surface. He crawled right over to me. Snuggled, then decided he wanted to 'run' to the edge of my bed. I caught him before he made his decision to fall off the bed. I was right there next to him. He used to 'sit on my bed' and not move. This time, he felt good to. The silkworm enzyme and liquid calcium is working. I'm so proud of him. He has no problem climbing now up my shoulder and up on my chair's top. One of his back toe nails may bother him too. I don't want to use the cat nail cutters. I'm afraid to hurt him and the quick. I don't want to cause him any pain by doing this.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom