He has a swollen shoulder/ pad

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just noticed his shoulder/pad is swollen and the other is not. Now, I feel guilty because I didn't see it before.

I have silkworms and hornworms coming in.
A black cherry powder supplement, calcium, vitamin liquids coming. Powders galore from bearded dragon. co.
I gave him some silkworm enzyme.
I will be alerting his vet tomorrow.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing today?
The x-rays look pretty good. Is he still on the Metacam right now?
I had noticed you were inquiring about the absorption rate & speed of the Serrapeptase.
The liquid Serrapeptase absorbs pretty quickly, almost immediately. Most of the time, you
should see immediate results as well.
I hope he is doing better!

Tracie

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello,

How is your boy doing today?
The x-rays look pretty good. Is he still on the Metacam right now?
I had noticed you were inquiring about the absorption rate & speed of the Serrapeptase.
The liquid Serrapeptase absorbs pretty quickly, almost immediately. Most of the time, you
should see immediate results as well.
I hope he is doing better!

Tracie
I've given him one dose of the Metacam as soon as it was prescribed. He seemed to improve after it. I'll keep it on hand in case he's in pain again. I haven't given any of it to him on Thursday. Today we'll see how he is. He's been taking the liquid calcium daily, Serrapeptase, and all the food powders I can buy for him to dust his greens with.
I was worried about his bones being brittle, the start of Gout or MBD. I feared the worst because the UVB light he had for years was a T8 10.0 Reptisun linear tube. So, after much insight from a few friends of mine, I went in and corrected the UVB with a HO T5 12% because he wasn't active or eating. He still doesn't eat on his own and I wanted to know if his front legs were ok. He will eat through handfeeding. I don't mind handfeeding my happy faced beardie.

I checked the x-rays too and was intrigued about how many little bones he has. The vet was concerned about 'some areas that were concerning' so he sent them off to see if it's osteoporosis or some other matter. I can understand he's getting up in age.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Update:
I don't know if you can overdose on Silkworm Enyzme. I gave him about .30 cc's. I normally would give him 0.20 cc's or .25 cc's. I have difficulty reading small print on the syringes. I otherwise have to squint. Even when I'm using my reading glasses. I guess I'm needing glasses.
Since administering the doses of calcium, silkworm enzyme, water, kidney function powder, yummy food, he has perked up and is basking on the edge of his saucer chair, his cushions, and hammock that's not up on the hooks. He is feeling much better! I can tell.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That has to be a huge relief.
I swear 1 beardie = 5 toddlers for making us worry lol 😆
Yes. He keeps thanking me with hugs and kisses, burying his head into my neck with his eyes closed. It's only when I give him greens spritzed with water and his favorite powders. I think he's getting tired of the squashes. He's tired of red and orange peppers.
He's not tired of the powders. Thank goodness.

Any suggestions on a vegetable to add? I'm trying not to give him any fruit at this time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who worries about their beardie. I'm sure if I had another, I would be worried. This is why he's improving because of love and care.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have 5 lol, i never stop worrying 🤪😜.
@KarrieRee has a web site she links that has a good list, I'm not smart enough to bookmark it when i see it lol. Maybe message her and i bet she'll give you the link 🙂
All of them with their personalities and traits. LOL. Like kids.

She said try arugula and Kale. He's not a fan of arugula, but kale may be.
Nutrition Content
ignore the kale info its outdated

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Nutrition Content
ignore the kale info its outdated
I've fed him kale before. He loves kale and apples. So, I may need to make a salad with the two of them along with the dandelion greens. He seems to know when the greens are in season. They must taste good. Unfortunately, the gala apples I bought smelled of warehouse mold. Back they went. Must find loose apples that aren't warehouse mold smelly.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It is, and they get jealous of each other also, especially the 2 rescues. This is how i spend most evenings lol. (It starts with one and ends at 3 or 4 lol) the one by herself trys to get between me and the other every time.

Attachments

• IMG_5375.jpg
    IMG_5375.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 54

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Lol. They are so cute. I don't have Maya on me. But, that's how my evening starts out too. He will get closer and closer until he falls asleep. Tonight, he was so light, I didn't know that he was awake. He was. I finally put him in his bed near his bunny.
He will also sleep over my heart. I guess my heartbeat is what soothes him.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom