He has a swollen shoulder/ pad

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just noticed his shoulder/pad is swollen and the other is not. Now, I feel guilty because I didn't see it before.

I have silkworms and hornworms coming in.
A black cherry powder supplement, calcium, vitamin liquids coming. Powders galore from bearded dragon. co.
I gave him some silkworm enzyme.
I will be alerting his vet tomorrow.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Today, he had butternut squash, zucchini, yellow squash, and a couple of small sliced thin radishes. I say he liked them. We're going to share them because I like radishes, too. I was going to buy Kale too, but it didn't look fresh so Dandelion greens it is.
He gobbled up 4 hornworms. He did a funny thing too when he couldn't grab a hornworm. He started to 'dig at it' with his back leg and front leg- like swimming. LOL.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Today, he had butternut squash, zucchini, yellow squash, and a couple of small sliced thin radishes. I say he liked them. We're going to share them because I like radishes, too. I was going to buy Kale too, but it didn't look fresh so Dandelion greens it is.
He gobbled up 4 hornworms. He did a funny thing too when he couldn't grab a hornworm. He started to 'dig at it' with his back leg and front leg- like swimming. LOL.
I would feed the radishes occasionally

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I would feed the radishes occasionally
I will. I'm going to primarily eat them because tonight's supper is going to be stuffed mushrooms and salad. My late father used to grow radishes and they were small like the ones I bought. The next time, I'll buy some Kale and Dandelion greens. See if he'll the two of them as variety. Since I'm handfeeding him, he eats a whole lot more variety because he is so picky that he'll leave the topping behind.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardies are so silly 🤣 lol.
He had two showers yesterday. LOL. One he only had like 5 minutes in the tub because since it's a one bathroom house, I had to take him out and leave. Then he had another bath and swam around. Then went to the bathroom.
This is so funny. I have this tan washcloth that I use to plug up the center drain with it. Any other color- dark pink or plain white, he glares at me and then it. So, back to using the tan washcloth and he's happy that it's tan. He'll swim around it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Funny 😀
Keep a close eye on him when he swims, they use the same muscle group to walk and to breathe, they can't do both at the same time. So if he is swimming he can't do that and breathe at the same time either. (I'm just posting this as a FYI, i have been keeping beardies for 8 years or so and just learned that a short time ago).

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I do. I don't leave him alone when he decides to take a swim. He will soak first in a pool of 'water'. Then when I empty it, he'll wait until fresh warm water fills the shower pan. Then he'll swim. Stop. Take deep breaths. Swim, wiggle his butt and poo. He will poo in the shower. It's much easier to clean. He hates pooing in his tank because he has learned that some of his stuff is taken out for a washing in very hot water and then further washed in the washer. He has backups.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Big bad shed and a pancake. (Not stuck shed.)

Attachments

• WIN_20230410_18_50_44_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230410_18_50_44_Pro.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 55

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Update: He knows when I give him silkworm enzyme and liquid calcium because he'll run away. Not wanting any of it. But, he did take it anyway and he ate all of his dandelion greens, alfalfa powder, spirulina, bee pollen, leftover water from the kidney function powder- I don't waste any of it, and smashed butternut squash, probiotics, and multivitamin powder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom