He has a swollen shoulder/ pad

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just noticed his shoulder/pad is swollen and the other is not. Now, I feel guilty because I didn't see it before.

I have silkworms and hornworms coming in.
A black cherry powder supplement, calcium, vitamin liquids coming. Powders galore from bearded dragon. co.
I gave him some silkworm enzyme.
I will be alerting his vet tomorrow.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you can find a piece of sandstone,limestone, basalt, granite, ect to put in his habitat he will do his own nail maintenance 😀 just makecsure there is no sharp edges and that it can't fall on him.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
If you can find a piece of sandstone,limestone, basalt, granite, ect to put in his habitat he will do his own nail maintenance 😀 just makecsure there is no sharp edges and that it can't fall on him.
I have a huge slate tile, but he spent the time on it lounging around and cooling off on it. LOL.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I also removed all slate tiles until his beard heals. He scratched himself with something. But, the silly boy took to a corner and stood up on his back legs today! He didn't do that for so long.
I think the every day baths are helping- He's been pooping every day now.
I don't know how to explain to my Mom that the baths- showers, help his front legs. He walked around in the shower and enjoyed it! Water therapy helps!

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I wish I could let him free roam. But there are some glue traps set out and too many places to hide. Had a mouse enter the house. I had to get rid of it some how. I don't like killing innocent animals. But, I made the choice. Mouse or us. Choose us over the mouse. I am very good at trapping them.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I used to live on a farm back home. Mice have to go! They will destroy your home.
I used to live in the country.
Now I live around the Farms. I love it! It's peaceful! The only thing I don't like is smelling manure in the evening and it's miles away from the house. I live in this little A-Frame. Thought it'd be an ok house. But, it has a lot of issues that I cannot fix. Like extensive. I don't want any more mice chewing through my walls or halls.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I'm sorry it's has issues, i love a-frames. If you live where there is alot of high winds though it can be catastrophic, that is a huge and steep area for the wind to push on.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm sorry it's has issues, i love a-frames. If you live where there is alot of high winds though it can be catastrophic, that is a huge and steep area for the wind to push on.
There's always straight line winds and it is in a Tornado Alley. I'm lucky that it hasn't had tornadoes. I didn't expect to have so much issues with my house.
I noticed another issue with his nails on the foot he won't put weight on. It looks like one of them is thick and not exactly curled.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
You can probably start trimmimg it back a little at a time till it's short enough to be ok
Since I can't trim them without squinting, I can gently file the problem nail(s). I've developed presbyopia and use reading glasses. I hope that this will help him. He ate all his greens this morning with the powders and bee pollen. I'll dose him later.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I have to use reading glasses for everything now. It sux getting old lol.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom