He has a swollen shoulder/ pad

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just noticed his shoulder/pad is swollen and the other is not. Now, I feel guilty because I didn't see it before.

I have silkworms and hornworms coming in.
A black cherry powder supplement, calcium, vitamin liquids coming. Powders galore from bearded dragon. co.
I gave him some silkworm enzyme.
I will be alerting his vet tomorrow.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Gotta say thats kindda weird 😉
He's done it before. I guess the taste is what he liked. I don't know.
But, today, he's done some good things. He stood up and put weight on the leg he couldn't/ wouldn't. He also scratched my neck and dug in to my neck. Then he kissed my neck before snuggling for bed as if to thank me for helping him. Proud Mama moment here with him.
Yesterday, he sat on the edge of the chair and the tray table. He ate didn't bend down yet to eat. He kept looking at his dish too. The eagerness. The staring. He wants to eat on his own. But, his problem leg was slipping out from under him. So, I held his leg in place and fed him one handed. He seemed to be happy to be 'close' to his dish and salad.
This morning, he didn't eat much food. Took his calcium, silkworm enzyme, and kidney support. He's getting tired of the raspberry so I ordered blue raspberry flavored silkworm enzyme. He's such a good boy! He's feeling good. He didn't want his dubias today. I have maybe 10 dubias left.

No baths for the past two days. AND he went to the bathroom in his tank. I do not wish to run in to some Respiratory problems.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The biggest thing is get it cleaned up asap. Some baddies like Coccidia can turn into a break out if they track the poo around. I'm not sure if it can contribute to an R.i. if i get time I'll research it, I'm curious now 😄

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
That's a good sign he is on the mind 🙂 hopefully with a little time and exercise he is up and scampering about 🙂

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It can be associated with mbd. My oldest males has had them in the past.
I started putting him out in the morning sun and became more diligent with his calcium and it cleared up.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It can be associated with mbd. My oldest males has had them in the past.
I started putting him out in the morning sun and became more diligent with his calcium and it cleared up.
I do notice that it's not an every day occurrence. His bones looked ok on the x-ray. Here's his calcium schedule.
He get's Tracie's liquid Calcium every day except Saturday where he gets a dose of Calcium with D3. He gets a multivitamin supplement for 3-4 days a week.
Sometimes, the spasms are around his belly. But, it's not an every day occurrence. I did mention this to the vet. He said that 'he appeared to be in good health'. I'll research some on mild MBD and I read on here that some older dragons will have muscle spasms.
I would get some bloodwork done but they don't have a lab here to run labs on a bearded dragon.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
If you are in a place that you can, 30 minute to an hour in the sun a few days per week may help, it did with Zen, i only noticed it a couple times all winter this season, last winter it was daily. I really think being out every morning is what took care of his. Sunrise is almost early enough to start taking mine back out again. I have a ferret nation cage on my patio i use, i can leave them unattended and not have to worry.

Attachments

• 20220703_150703.jpg
    20220703_150703.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220702_112201.jpg
    20220702_112201.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 35

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
If you are in a place that you can, 30 minute to an hour in the sun a few days per week may help, it did with Zen, i only noticed it a couple times all winter this season, last winter it was daily. I really think being out every morning is what took care of his. Sunrise is almost early enough to start taking mine back out again. I have a ferret nation cage on my patio i use, i can leave them unattended and not have to worry.
Georgia's a good place to get sun. I have a dog kennel that I use to take him out to run around. He climbs the sides. I wish I could but there are many birds outside and I have no patio. I sometimes wish I could put a cage out there and let him by himself. Lots of wild life.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom