Hand warmers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
I had read somewhere on this forum that hand warmers are a great back up for heat during a power outage. Can someone confirm or give me a good alternative? What brand and type of hand warmers should i buy?

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Yes, hand warmers are a good thing to have in your emergency kit in case your power goes out because you can have your dragon lay on them to help them warm up and digest their food. Other options include hot water bottles (assuming you'll have a way to heat water) or rice bags (which can be heated in the microwave, but again, you need power). You'll also want to include a towel to wrap the hand warmers in so that your dragon doesn't get burned if the warmers initially get too hot. I don't know of any particular name brand that is any better than another.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hand warmers can be bought at many Walmart and/or sporting goods stores in states where the temps. get low and there is demand for them in hunting season. There are several brands [ Hothands is one ] and like was mentioned, they REALLY get hot, so you would need a good towel around them. They are relatively cheap, and you can get ones that last 12 - 20 hours. For packs that last a long time, you can Google " hot packs for shipping " and get ones online that last 60 hours, possibly even 72. You might find them at pet stores or reptile expos as well.

esn

Hatchling Member
I don't like hand warmers because they get a bit too hot. The packaging says they get up to 110 degrees on some brands, more on others. I prefer to use stick on heat relief pads meant for muscle aches or cramping. I stick them to the bottom or sides of travel containers for moving, power out, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom