Hand feeding

Mr.Monster

Original Poster
Our beardie is about 2 and he refuses to eat unless he's hand feed or from the tongs, he doesn't have the best diet because I don't have time to hand feed each piece of lettuce or fruit. I'm loosing patience.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Our beardie is about 2 and he refuses to eat unless he's hand feed or from the tongs, he doesn't have the best diet because I don't have time to hand feed each piece of lettuce or fruit. I'm loosing patience.
What is he eating for insects? Lettuce? Like ice berg? He should be eating fruit sparingly - occasionally-- Is your surface basking temps being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer? Your UVB is a coil?

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Is your beardie’s food bowl on the hot side? As beardies prefer to have it near them as they love to bask. You could also try to give your beardie a range of greens and vegetables. Maybe you can try these things to get him eating on his own (displayed in the first photo).

Attachments

• IMG_3707.jpeg
    IMG_3707.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3708.jpeg
    IMG_3708.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
You do not want to feed lettuce as it contains almost no nutrients and is mainly made of water!
How are his overall activity levels? If he is also not moving much there could be a deeper problem.
If he's fine otherwise, try just not hand feeding him. When he's hungry enough he will eat on his own. Too much hand feeding could just make him lazy....
Btw a full grown dagon can go well over a week without eating. You'll want to get a weight on him regularly though.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom