Guy doesn't get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
I bought a baby dropper from the dollar tree to get Guy to drink water when I drip it on his nose. Bad idea. When I drip the water on his nose, all he does is shake it off! :roll: Any suggestions? lol

dragon95

I put a water dish in mines tank so that he can drink whenever he's thirsty, but some dragons are picky and will not drink standing water. If that is the case you should try misting the side of the cage because they are attracted to moving water and will drink the running water dropplets.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
If he is looking up when you put it on his nose, it will run down his face and bother him. I have one like that.
I try to dribble it just over the front of his lips, and I hold the dropper lower so that his head is not pointed up.
The whole dropper feeding thing is an acquired art. You can do it! :D It just takes patience and practice.

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
Original Poster
dragon95":1xguuu0d said:
I put a water dish in mines tank so that he can drink whenever he's thirsty, but some dragons are picky and will not drink standing water. If that is the case you should try misting the side of the cage because they are attracted to moving water and will drink the running water dropplets.
Guy doesn't drink still water and the water dish just puts out unnecessary humidity in the cage. Same with misting.You could just give a couple baths a week and your beardie will be fine. I was looking for suggestions on how to get how to get him to lick the water off his nose because if Guy ever gets any parasites, i'll have to give him his meds this way. Thanks for the reply though! :)

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Esther19":2x0zm0oq said:
If he is looking up when you put it on his nose, it will run down his face and bother him. I have one like that.
I try to dribble it just over the front of his lips, and I hold the dropper lower so that his head is not pointed up.
The whole dropper feeding thing is an acquired art. You can do it! :D It just takes patience and practice.
Thanks Esther! Definitely will try that! :)

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Great idea to plan ahead for giving meds! That will make your life so much easier if you ever need to. Some folks give probiotc drops once a week just to encourage the good gut flora. It helps with that, too. This will sound weird, but when I tried to teach my 2 boys to use a dropper I found that if I stuck out my tongue and smacked my lips they got the idea. But that just might be my interpretation of the whole thing. :wink:

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lol Sometimes I wave at Guy to let him know I don't mean him any harm! :lol: But he may interpret as me submitting to be his slave!

dragon95

oh ok, but the water dish does not put unnesesary humidity in the cage unless it is under the heat light because my beardie's cage stays around 35%.

JCuratola

Hatchling Member
This is how i got my Beardie to drink from his water dish. He doesnt do it all the time but only when i do this. I pick him up and place him on the side of it then i splash it all around with my fingers. He then sticks his head in and lets go. Other than that i mist and bathe him to keep him hydrated.

Another interesting idea i was playing with. Beardies are attracted to movement, a still standing water bowl is just boring to them. If you can place a water bowl inside without it killing your humidity levels, add a fish tank air hose in the bowl. It will make bubbles and keep the water moving, thus, grabbing their attention.

jewl495

Juvie Member
Danny while trying o teach my guys to drink from syringes I always used something that taste good. Use diluted Gatorade, diluted vit b, or acidophiluz+. None of the dragons I have owned liked plain water much unless they were really thirsty.

Keep trying I think it's great thing and very necessary. It makes it so much easier to feed a slurry if they ever get sick. Kratos gets his liquid calcium and all his all his yummy supplements through his syringe and he loves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom