Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The pores make me think it's a male 🤔

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Too young to tell their sex, but I’d guess they are around 2-3 months old? Where did you get them? Petsmart/Petco dragons have a tendency to be smaller than average regardless of age
Pet smart, I know not the best place but I didn’t think abt that and learn all the history behind them till after getting my dude (ima say dude till Ik lol)

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Pet smart, I know not the best place but I didn’t think abt that and learn all the history behind them till after getting my dude (ima say dude till Ik lol)
That’s alright, petsmart’s animal quality varies from place to place so for all you know you could have got a stellar healthy little friend!

Your guy looks overall healthy but Id work on getting his weight up, I believe you can see his hip bones from that picture.

Good luck with them ;)

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I would guess the same 2-3 months- any advice from PetSmart please do not listen to them-- please go over your tank set up
I didn’t listen. I have a 40 gallon but I’m currently saving up for a 120 gallon (almost half way). I have a reptisun 22’’ T5 HO UVB and a flukers basking bulb. His basking temp is 105-107F, Ambient is about 87 and cool ambient is about 75. Night time temp is around 72. He gets salad everyday with squash and bell peppers (different greens). His staple meal is BSFL but sometimes Dubias. He eats 2 times a day during the week days and 3 times a day on weekends )I go to school so the 2 times a day on week days work best for me. How ever many he will eat in a 10 minute period. He’s went from 6 inches to 9 inches (almost 9 & a half) since I got him.

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
That’s alright, petsmart’s animal quality varies from place to place so for all you know you could have got a stellar healthy little friend!

Your guy looks overall healthy but Id work on getting his weight up, I believe you can see his hip bones from that picture.

Good luck with them ;)
Working on it. I couldn’t see it but I may not be looking exactly where you are. I was feeding once a day but switched that when told babies need more feedings then that. He was sucking in at that picture lol

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Working on it. I couldn’t see it but I may not be looking exactly where you are. I was feeding once a day but switched that when told babies need more feedings then that. He was sucking in at that picture lol
It’s only slightly prominent, not enough to cause problems though thankfully :)

Your feeding schedule sounds good, I might add a bit of variety (adding crickets, dubia roaches or silkworms to the diet, etc…) but that up to you, BSFL are a great staple 👍

How many BSFL are they eating a day? What size? You can gut load them using this simple guide:Growing Phoenix Worms: A Step-by-Step Guide | Feeders

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
It’s only slightly prominent, not enough to cause problems though thankfully :)

Your feeding schedule sounds good, I might add a bit of variety (adding crickets, dubia roaches or silkworms to the diet, etc…) but that up to you, BSFL are a great staple 👍

How many BSFL are they eating a day? What size? You can gut load them using this simple guide:Growing Phoenix Worms: A Step-by-Step Guide | Feeders
Large. He eats as many as he can in 10-15 minutes however I kinda make him chase it. I don’t count bc I’m mainly focused on watching him and trying to actually find the bugs. I do use dubias some times. I personally don’t wanna do crickets bc they are annoying lol.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Large. He eats as many as he can in 10-15 minutes however I kinda make him chase it. I don’t count bc I’m mainly focused on watching him and trying to actually find the bugs. I do use dubias some times. I personally don’t wanna do crickets bc they are annoying lol.
Lmao, crickets are the worst, it’s true! I don’t really have a choice when it comes to feeders 😭 dubias are illegal here and silkworms are so unreasonably expensive (1.75 CAD per worm).

Your feeding schedule sounds good! If you notice alive/in tact worms (I don’t mean the skin) in their stool I’d suggest cutting them a bit so they get the innards (horrible, I know).

They are in good hands :)

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom