gray color

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarian

Hatchling Member
my beardy hasnt shed in about 3 weeks his color is turning grayish on his nose and his back legs, is this a sighn he is going to shed soon?? am worried , i hope nouthing is wrong

I heard directly helping them shed isn't good for them.
That's because it can pain them if they aren't ready to shed yet.

Is this correct? Because I too have a dragon that has some unshed skin (been there for quite a while now) underneath her neck and I dunno if I should help get it off or not. I haven't because of what I've read (above)

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
It really isn't a good idea to pull on or help them shed. You can actually damage the newly formed scales underneath the shedding skin. The best thing you can do is just keep giving your beardie baths to help ease the shed. Other than that just let it happen naturally. Now if it is causing major discomfort or blocking a vital area you can use a very soft toothbrush on the area. Usually they can shed their skin well enough on their own. Sometimes it takes a long time for certain areas to shed, but try to refrain from helping it.

Dawn :D

tarian

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well i'm very gentle, no more than how they rub themselves on rough objects to help the shed along. there are just some areas they cant reach to well especially the tail. which if left alone can cut circulation and will fall off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom