Bearded Dragon’s beard is gray

Amelia102802

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tito and Bailey
Hello:)
I’ve been worried about my beardie, Tito, all day. His beard has been a gray color almost like a stone color and he hasn’t eaten any of his greens and wouldn’t touch any of the crickets I tried to feed him. He has no stress marks on his tummy and is pretty light besides his beard. I’ve never seen it this color and google didn’t provide me with any answers. I’ll provide some pictures, he usually loves his greens and crickets so I’m just worried something’s wrong. Does anyone know what’s going on?

Attachments

• IMG_9618.jpeg
    IMG_9618.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9622.jpeg
    IMG_9622.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 37

Amelia102802

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tito and Bailey
Looks like shed to me. How old is he? As the become adults they start shedding in patches instead of whole body.
I was thinking the same thing but I wasn’t sure because all the other times he shed he would still eat. I honestly have no clue on his age I rescued both my bearded dragons in December. But he has grown a lot since then (I included pictures of him when I first got him but it’s kinda hard to tell his size). I wanna say he’s no older than a year maybe.

Attachments

• 01HHK1JWA1ZXWTK85J2XXTFNKH-low-res-branded-.jpeg
    01HHK1JWA1ZXWTK85J2XXTFNKH-low-res-branded-.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8279.jpeg
    IMG_8279.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 26

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I was thinking the same thing but I wasn’t sure because all the other times he shed he would still eat. I honestly have no clue on his age I rescued both my bearded dragons in December. But he has grown a lot since then (I included pictures of him when I first got him but it’s kinda hard to tell his size). I wanna say he’s no older than a year maybe.
Yeah somewhere around that age/size range is where they start having patchy sheds. Once it starts whole boby shed are rare from then on.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom