gravid female throwing up food

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerioc

My female is about 2 weeks along and today I gave her some superworms for the first time in about 4 weeks and just a bit ago she started coughing and then threw up, this has never happened before im so worried about her.

xerioc

Original Poster
She is on reptile carpet and the basking temp is about 98degrees, she is kinda young to have gotten gravid and weighed about 350g about a month ago. Ive got her out and im comforting her and her coughing/wheezing hasstopped for the most part.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....how many supers did you give her ? It may have just been too many at once, or the basking temp. should be at least 5 degrees higher. Can you list all of her lights by brand + name ? It is absolutely crucial that everything is up to par for her while she's gravid. She'll be thirsty from vomiting, so give her a shallow warm 5 minute bath and/or dribble water on her nose to give her a drink. If she is a dragon that hates baths, then don't stress her, just dribble the water on her nose for a drink. By the way, although 350 grams is at the lower end of an acceptable weight,is not an unhealthy weight for a beardie, it has to do with her state of health before and during her pregnancy. Has she been alert , healthy + eating well ? Those are the important factors.

xerioc

Original Poster
I think I just gave her too many supers, even though she gladly ate all the ones fed her. She seems to be fine now no coughing or vomiting. She is very active and alert and she does eat well. I have a incubation lamp from lowes and a reptisun or repti glow 10w uvb bulb. Do you think she will have trouble laying her eggs? She is 7inches from snout to vent.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good that she;s bounced back. It's best to feed her smaller amounts twice a day to be sure she doesn't get sick again. Do you have a couple of pictures of her ? One from above to show her girth + pelvic area ? Even though she's small, that doesn't mean she will have trouble laying, but if she's not done growing it would be best not to breed her again. Sometimes big fat dragons are the ones that become eggbound, too much fat around their organs. So your girl may lay more than one clutch, but hopefully it will be just one if she's very young.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, she's very pretty ! She looks very bright eyed + healthy. She does have a slim build, so keep feeding her twice a day, and if you can get other insects like crickets, dubia + hornworms it will add to her weight gain + nutritional value of her meals. Be sure to dust her food lightly with calcium once a day and keep her well hydrated.

xerioc

Original Poster
Alright ill order some right now what would you sudgest as the best for her to eat right now, im so relieved to see her better today id be so heartbroken if something happened to her, especially sine my previous 2 passed away. Also would it be alright to mix some crested gecko diet and extra calcium n feed it to her as a treat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom