I lost Sweet Pea today 😔

Two days ago Sweet Pea vomited up her food. She had eaten 3 or 4 small hornworms and some greens. She was enthusiastic about her breakfast and would have eaten more if I had offered. This is only the 2nd time I've ever seen her vomit. The first was when I first brought her home. She dove into her food and inhaled it much to quickly. (She was severely neglected when she came to me, and I seriously doubt she was ever given enough food). Since she threw up she hadn't had much appetite, but was still her normal self. This morning I could tell something was off, she was usually perky in the morning, today she wasn't. We immediately took her to the vet that saw Zen in January, but he wasn't in and no one else there sees reptiles, but they told us about a veterinarian hospital that specializes in them. By the time I got her there she was in really bad condition. She had started throwing up bile. They did all kinds of test and said best they could tell she had some kind of liver failure or liver cancer. They told me most all other markers where very good. Calcium and phosphorus where spot on, hydration was good considering she was throwing up. They said oddly her uric levels where very good and it was confusing them because other markers leaned into liver issues. They said they could try to save her but didn't think she would make it. I asked if xrays, ct scan or ultrasound could help make the decision, they ended up doing the ultrasound. The doctor said there was follicles developing but where a none issue because it wasn't related to what was wrong. And certainly not developed enough for egg binding. After a lot of back and forth they ultimately said it would be cruel to try to ventilate her and prolong her, that her chance of recovery was very low. My heart is breaking now but I agreed and we let her go. That is two I've lost since January. I already miss her so much, she was always super animated and engaging, she was my little spikey headed perpetual bad hair day sweet pea. (She was a high expression dunner).
Sleep easy my little angel 😇 and know you were always loved and will be missed dearly.

Attachments

• 20231120_052400.jpg
    20231120_052400.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 45

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I really appreciate everyones kind words, It helps knowing others understand. Thank you 🤗

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom