baby bearded (no more than 2 months old) freaked out and then went limp

suniihun

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
paulie
I am a new owner (just got her a few days ago) and I was trying to give her some vitamins through a dropper. I had done this the day prior in very small amounts and she didn't like it, but didn't care that much. I tried today and she of course didn't like it but she started FREAKING OUT. I mean throwing herself around and twisting around. of course I stopped and tried to lay her down but she was COMPLETELY limp. i mean every single thing was limp. I thought she had died somehow. she's up and active again ( still very upset but beard is slowly getting less dark ) but should I be worried?? I'm very nervous about almost everything about her right now and I'm scared I've caused permanent damage. she's been eating pretty okay for a new place. she had five crickets yesterday but since it's a new place and she's nervous ill say that's a win but she hasn't eaten any today and I'm too afraid to take her out to feed her. any help?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am a new owner (just got her a few days ago) and I was trying to give her some vitamins through a dropper. I had done this the day prior in very small amounts and she didn't like it, but didn't care that much. I tried today and she of course didn't like it but she started FREAKING OUT. I mean throwing herself around and twisting around. of course I stopped and tried to lay her down but she was COMPLETELY limp. i mean every single thing was limp. I thought she had died somehow. she's up and active again ( still very upset but beard is slowly getting less dark ) but should I be worried?? I'm very nervous about almost everything about her right now and I'm scared I've caused permanent damage. she's been eating pretty okay for a new place. she had five crickets yesterday but since it's a new place and she's nervous ill say that's a win but she hasn't eaten any today and I'm too afraid to take her out to feed her. any help?
Please go over your surface basking temps and uvb brand and bulb and placement - please don't give any more vitamins- we want your tank on par w/ the things I asked about - how are you getting surface basking temps?

suniihun

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
paulie
Please go over your surface basking temps and uvb brand and bulb and placement - please don't give any more vitamins- we want your tank on par w/ the things I asked about - how are you getting surface basking temps?
it's a 30 gal tank (ik small but she is the size of my finger rn and I'm prepared to get a bigger one soon). I have 100 watt bulbs (zoo med) over one side. I have a temp gun and the surface basking is about 107 last time I checked. does what she did sound dangerous? I've heard they can panic I'm just really nervous right now about her health.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
it's a 30 gal tank (ik small but she is the size of my finger rn and I'm prepared to get a bigger one soon). I have 100 watt bulbs (zoo med) over one side. I have a temp gun and the surface basking is about 107 last time I checked. does what she did sound dangerous? I've heard they can panic I'm just really nervous right now about her health.
She's scared and going thru relocation stress so she needs time to acclimate and adjust to her surroundings - please get two digital probe thermometers- you want accurate surface temps - IR guns are good but can be off w/ certain basking decor pieces- what is the uvb this is crucial-

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little Paulie, they definitely were very bothered by being grabbed and then having the vits. forced on them. Just let Paulie relax in the tank and get used to their new home, don't take him out to feed him but just drop 1 bug at a time near him to entice him to eat. It might be today or tomorrow but try not to worry. A picture of the entire tank , set up and lights would be VERY helpful.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely post some pictures of your tank setup, & your
dragon, also just so we can see the environment, etc.
They do get very stressed when going to a new home
& take time to adjust to things as well. Give him some
time to become accustomed to his new surroundings.

Let us know how Paulie is doing.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom