Gem,Diesel,and Java *videos pg 65*

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Michele, it's great to hear from you & that everything is ok. Gem sure is growing, glad he's eating his supers & did I mention how :whip: :laughhard: you are? glad to hear I'm not the only one. :mrgreen: I even hand feed supers, so I guess I'm more whipped than you! I just realized I forgot to shop again, good thing I'm taking my son shopping, I can get mine done at the same time. I'm not used to food shopping, I keep forgetting that I have to eat. There's a great deli close to work, I can get a lunch for $4, which is cheaper & less time consuming that shopping, but need to shop for my crew.

All my crew are doing fine, Rubio's almost 800g again, active as always, they're all a bit sleepy, but then so am I so can't blame them. None of them are br*****ng, that bad word, I hate it, too. So I'm glad that they're all up, just not quite as active, but when one of them is out on the ramp, the rest do still black beard & bob. If Sweetie is on the ramp, they still all go a bit nuts, so it's good to see.

Give Gem & Diesel hugs from us all,
Deb

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
puppytoes72":16h8qe77 said:
Barb,
Like father like son,huh? :lol:
I am not going to listen to any brumation-talk...lalalalalala,not listening! :protest:
:lol:

Michelle, that doesn't help. The year Rosie Zoom was one+ she seemed to want to brumate, well because of the fact that we have to get her up every am from her box, we didn't realize that. The following August she was digging a hole outside so she could hide there and sleep. We let her sleep the fall she was 2+ and she didn't try to dig a hole to hide after that. This is her second year of brumation, they will brumate, even if you try to ignore it.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Fine! :p La..la...la...la! Don't listen. :lol:
I only have Gus, Flame, and some days Zak-n-Wheezie....everyone else has gone to sleep on me for now. :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Michele,
You can ignore brumation but once he's sleeping you'll have to monitor for hydration. He's such a big boy, but maybe, seeing as he's so young, he may change his mind & have long naps, like Lonzo, then sleep a day here or there. He'll be fine!
Deb

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hi Girls! :D
Even after going through Winter Storm Alfred and losing power Gem is still awake. He has his tired days but he still gets up every day,eats and basks. His pooping has slowed down now that he can't poop outside in his swimming pool :roll: :lol:
Diesel is doing great too :mrgreen:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Glad all is OK (despite the storms)- had been thinking of you and wondering if the storm affected you badly!!!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Michele! Thank goodness you, Gem, and Diesel are all ok. What a crazy few months' weather you had up there.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
My power went out sometime Sat night and didn't come back until Tuesday. I packed up me and the boys and we went to my moms.
This is the second time in 2 months that we had to camp out at mom's due to losing power. I should start paying her rent instead of my mortgage :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's a drag that you had to move out, but that's a long time without power. It's good that your mom is close by & that there's room for you all. Sure helps to have someone close. I've had that happen to me when I lived in Montreal. The week before Eric was born we were without power for 5 days. Luckily we had friends who had a wood burning stove in the kitchen, so we were nice and cosy for the week.

How's Gem doing, is he getting lazier? And Diesel, how is he? I think it's great that he has his own room, so he can make noise at night & you won't notice. My crew are sleeping earlier every day, but still mostly eating, basking daily. Lonzo just gets up to see if he's missing anything, if I catch him up & put him on the ramp, he gets full of energy & shows off his jet black beard to Didi and Leo. They are so funny, aren't they, our pets? :mrgreen:
Sweetie's getting better slowly, but steadily :D . She had pneumonia but is now almost healed. 10 more days of Baytril & then I'm hoping it's gone.

Hugs to you all :D ,
Deb

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hi Deb,
That's funny that Lonzo gets up just to see if he's missing out on anything :lol:
How is Sweetie's arms? Is she walking ok now?
Gem still wakes up every day,eats and basks but he isn't very active and he is ready to go back to sleep by 4pm. He is 21'' long and 672grams.
Diesel is doing good....he's a happy camper as long as he has his kibble and wheel :lol: Oh and he is going through puberty and decided to "show off" during Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's house :lol:
I have a new "kid"....a parakeet I rescued from my cousin. Her name was Juju but it was too close to "Jojo" so I changed it to Java :D Her and her mate were happy for 5 yrs with my cousin but back in Sept they got 2 cats who were terrorizing the birds so the cage got moved into the shower stall in the downstairs bathroom,with only 4 white walls to look at :shock: In Oct her mate died so she was left all alone :( When I went over there for Thanksgiving and saw how alone and sad she was I just HAD to take her home with me. She is now very happy in my kitchen and trusts me so much that she will climb right on my finger and then sit on my shoulder.She is such a sweetie and loves to chatter. She is also very neat and tidy,she doesn't throw her seeds around <3
Here's Java!
100_7238.jpg

and here is a view of where her cage is (much better than a shower stall huh?)
100_7234.jpg

100_7233.jpg

and Gem <3
100_7179.jpg

(how is this comfy? he stayed like this for hours,LOL!)
100_7231.jpg

and here is a video of Diesel <3

I also wanted to tell you guys about the humidifier I got from Walmart.com. We all know how hard it is to keep the humidity up during the winter months. It doesn't have expensive filters(yay!) and it puts out a warm clean steam. Only $45 and $1 shipping! :D After running only 4 hrs on it's low setting it raised the humidity in the room 7%!
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Crane-8-Hour-Warm-Mist-Humidifier-Black/14906814?findingMethod=rr

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Michele! Welcome back!

What a sad story about Java, from being in the openess to a shower stall to all alone. Thank goodness you were over your cousin's for Thanksgiving to rescue that pretty bird, and I'm sure she totally knew what was going on because she trusted you from day 1.

Not sure if it's the angle of the shot or the lighting, but Gem still has his baby face :p

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Finally get to watch Diesel's video. How stinkin cute is he! I had no idea hedgies could doze like that.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hi Michele!

:love5: Congratulations to you Java on the new home! :love5:
Welcome aboard! :D

Diesel is to fricken cute! :love5:

What 672? NICE! :mrgreen:
Snuggles Gem! :love5:

You have quiet the interesting family these days Michele. :D

Hugs!

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks Gina and Barb!! :D ((((hugs to you both))))
I posted "family" pictures on FB. It was soooo hard to get all 3 of them to sit still :lol: :lol:

Gina,are you talking about the 2nd pic? I didn't notice until you said so but it does look like he still has his baby face :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom