Gap between clutches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much time is the gap between each clutch?

My female laid 9 eggs on March 23rd. We put her and the male together for 2 weeks, I seen them breed twice for sure.

taniya91

usually 3-4 weeks sometimes longer....you put her and the male together again after she laid the first clutch?
not sure if i read that wrong or not but they shouldnt really be put together again after a female is already laying ...she can lay 1-4 clutches from just one mating

RockaBillie

Original Poster
oh no no no! ahaha sorry i guess i should have worded that better. she has been alone since before she even laid her eggs. just thinking she for sure lay more than one clutch.

saturday will be 7 weeks, shouldnt she have laid another clutch by now? in the last week and a half she looks a lil fatter but is showing no interest in her dig box (before we would rarely see her out of it).

taniya91

hmm yeah she might have decided to only lay one clutch....or she could just be waiting longer to lay i have no idea

I am in the same place. Zoey laid eggs on May4th after acting erratic for a few days. actually by the time I figured out what was going on she was down right frantic. I had them for only a few days. They were a rescue. She has been fattening up so Im wondering how to plan my summer if she is going to be gravid again soon and need to lay. HOpe we can find answers ! May

Trajega

Hatchling Member
mayhmmaydn":3ul6wyhu said:
I am in the same place. Zoey laid eggs on May4th after acting erratic for a few days. actually by the time I figured out what was going on she was down right frantic. I had them for only a few days. They were a rescue. She has been fattening up so Im wondering how to plan my summer if she is going to be gravid again soon and need to lay. HOpe we can find answers ! May

Laying eggs isnt the same as gravid. They "cycle" their eggs so to speak, you may want to candle them to find out if you are nursing dud eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom